This parsley and anchovy butter can be prepared in advance and goes perfectly with tilapia or your favorite fish! Keto and gluten free recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I love meals that I can prepare in advance – I often have more energy during the day than I do at 6/7pm and I'm sure I'm not alone! This entree recipe only uses a few ingredients but it is a really lovely way to eat fish.
How to Make Tilapia with Parsley Anchovy Butter
To make the compound butter, mix together some softened butter, chopped fresh parsley, black pepper and anchovy paste. You could of course use canned anchovies but anchovy paste is something I always have on hand and is super convenient! Place the butter mixture onto a piece of food wrap, and form it into a sausage shape, twisting the wrap around it.
Put it in the fridge to harden up.
Roast the tilapia fillets in a little white wine with some salt and pepper. You could also use water, vegetable stock or fish stock instead of the wine. The fish only takes 10-15 minutes to bake, so you can prepare a side dish while this is cooking – broccoli or green beans are good with this recipe.
To serve, place a few slices of the butter on top of the tilapia. The herby buttery deliciousness will slowly melt all over the fish.
You may not need all the butter for two people – so save it in the fridge and use it on steamed vegetables or any other meat or fish!Tilapia with Parsley Anchovy Butter #lowcarb #lchf Click To Tweet
- 2 oz unsalted butter, softened
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tsp anchovy paste
- black pepper
- 2 tilapia fillets
- ¼ cup white wine
- salt and black pepper
- Prepare the butter in advance. Mash together the softened butter, chopped parsley, black pepper and anchovy paste.
- Form into a log and wrap in kitchen wrap. Place in the fridge to harden.
- Preheat oven to 380F.
- Place tilapia in baking dish and add the wine. Use water or stock as an alternative to wine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the fish for 10-15 minutes until cooked through.
- To serve, place slices of the butter over the fish.
0.9g net carbs per serving
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 406Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 151mgSodium 317mgCarbohydrates 1gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 0gProtein 36g