This low carb cheese bread is 1g net carb per serving! Keto, gluten free, and LCHF recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Anyone following a low carb or keto diet always seems to be on the lookout for decent bread alternatives! Now, I have to confess that although this cheese bread recipe doesn’t replace a standard sandwich loaf, it is seriously good AND easy to make! It’s basically just shredded cheese and a beaten egg – so give it a try!
You could serve the “bread” as a snack or a side dish. It would also go well with soup or you could even use it for dipping into salsa!
By the way, if you’re looking for low carb sandwich bread, check out my guide to buying low carb bread online!
Mix together shredded Italian blend cheese (or just mozzarella would do), shredded Parmesan, and a beaten egg. Season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat, flattening it out into either a square or circle with the back of a spoon.
Bake in a preheated oven for 13-15 minutes until it starts to turn golden brown and has “set”. Leave to cool for a few minutes, then cut into slices. Garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves, and serve the cheese bread warm!
This “bread” smells SO good when it’s fresh out of the oven! The fresh basil just finishes it off perfectly. Even people who aren’t following a low carb diet will love this!
Very Low Carb Cheese Bread
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese or mozzarella
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- 1 egg beaten
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Mix together shredded cheese and the beaten egg. Season with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Spread the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat, flattening it out into either a square or circle with the back of a spoon.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes until it starts to turn golden brown and has "set". Leave to cool for a few minutes, then cut into slices.
- Garnish with chopped fresh basil leaves, and serve the cheese bread warm!
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!
Check out my Low Carb Side Dish Recipes Ebook!
Need more easy low carb side dish recipes? My ebook features 18 dishes that need 5 ingredients or less!