Baked Camembert with cranberry sauce and caramelized pecans – how can a low carb holiday appetizer get any better than this?!?
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Is there anything better than ooey, gooey cheese? When you're a low-carber and you're looking for an indulgent appetizer – I really don't think that it can be beaten! I've paired this delicious Camembert with cranberry sauce and some buttery caramelized pecans. The combination is amazing!!
This appetizer would be a fantastic start to any Thanksgiving, Christmas or holiday celebration!
For this recipe I make the cranberry sauce and caramelize the pecans in advance – but it's up to you! The cranberry sauce is a version of my classic recipe that I created a few years ago. I haven't included the orange extract, though – which I think would be odd – and you only need a quarter of that recipe for this dish. But here it is again!
How to Make Baked Camembert with Cranberry Sauce and Caramelized Pecans
Add fresh cranberries, water, and low carb sweetener (I used Lakanto – get 20% off if you use coupon code SAFTC!) to a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer until all the berries have popped and the sauce has naturally thickened. Set aside until needed (I prefer to serve it cold as a contrast to the hot cheese, but it's up to you).
For the caramelized pecans, I just make a small batch according to my Baked Sausage and Pumpkin Bites recipe. A quarter cup of pecans is all you need to add textural contrast to the Camembert and cranberry sauce!
To bake the Camembert, place it on a small baking sheet and place in a preheated oven for 15 minutes. To serve, carefully transfer it to a serving plate, pour the cranberry sauce over, and garnish with the pecans.
Serve this festive appetizer with cucumber sticks, celery or something like these low carb Baked Bagel Chips!Baked Camembert with Cranberry Sauce and Caramelized Pecans #lowcarb #lchf Click To Tweet
- 8 oz wheel of Camembert
For the sauce
- 3 oz fresh cranberries
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tbs Lakanto, or similar low carb sweetener
For the pecans
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- 1 tbs unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Lakanto
- To make the sauce, add the cranberries, water, and sweetener to a small saucepan. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer until all the berries have popped and the sauce has naturally thickened.
- For the caramelized pecans, melt the butter in a small sauté pan and add the pecans and sweetener. Cook for 5-10 minutes, stirring regularly, until the nuts have caramelized. Place on wax paper to harden.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place the Camembert on a small baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. To serve, carefully transfer it to a serving plate, pour the cranberry sauce over, and garnish with the pecans.
3g net carbs per serving
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 252Total Fat 21gSaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 48mgSodium 479mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1gProtein 11g