This baked egg and garlic shrimp is perfect for a tasty low carb lunch! Keto, dairy free and gluten free recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links.
If I'm home alone and fancy a hot lunch – this is a great meal for one. It would be super easy to increase the yield if cooking for more than one person.
How to Make Baked Egg and Garlic Shrimp
De-vein the shrimp and remove the shells. I even remove the tails for this dish for easy eating! I think about 7-8 large shrimp per person is a good amount. Add a little olive oil to a pan, squeeze in some garlic paste (or minced garlic, if you prefer), then sauté the shrimp for a few minutes on each side until almost cooked through.
Spray a small ovenproof dish with non-stick spray and add the shrimp and garlic. Crack two eggs over the top and season with salt and black pepper.
Place in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve.
Baked Egg and Garlic Shrimp #lowcarb Click To Tweet
This would also make a great brunch dish – but you might like to omit the garlic!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 oz shrimp, approx 7-8 large, deveined and peeled
- ½ tsp garlic paste or minced garlic
- non-stick spray
- 2 eggs
- salt and black pepper
- chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add the olive oil to a pan and sauté the garlic and shrimp together for 4-5 minutes, turning the shrimp half way through cooking.
- Spray an oven-proof dish with non-stick spray. Add the shrimp and garlic. Crack two eggs into the dish, then season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the egg whites have cooked.
- Serve garnished with chives, if desired.
1g net carbs per serving (whole recipe)
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size Whole recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 282Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 613mgSodium 1006mgCarbohydrates 1gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 0gProtein 34g