This baked egg and garlic shrimp is perfect for a tasty low carb lunch! Keto, dairy free and gluten free recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
If I'm home alone and fancy a hot lunch – this is a great meal for one. It would be super easy to increase the yield if cooking for more than one person.
How to Make Baked Egg and Garlic Shrimp
De-vein the shrimp and remove the shells. I even remove the tails for this dish for easy eating! I think about 7-8 large shrimp per person is a good amount. Add a little olive oil to a pan, squeeze in some garlic paste (or minced garlic, if you prefer), then sauté the shrimp for a few minutes on each side until almost cooked through.
Spray a small ovenproof dish with non-stick spray and add the shrimp and garlic. Crack two eggs over the top and season with salt and black pepper.
Place in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the egg whites are cooked. Sprinkle with chopped chives and serve.
Baked Egg and Garlic Shrimp #lowcarb Click To Tweet
This would also make a great brunch dish – but you might like to omit the garlic!
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 oz shrimp, approx 7-8 large, deveined and peeled
- ½ tsp garlic paste or minced garlic
- non-stick spray
- 2 eggs
- salt and black pepper
- chopped fresh chives, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Add the olive oil to a pan and sauté the garlic and shrimp together for 4-5 minutes, turning the shrimp half way through cooking.
- Spray an oven-proof dish with non-stick spray. Add the shrimp and garlic. Crack two eggs into the dish, then season with salt and black pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes until the egg whites have cooked.
- Serve garnished with chives, if desired.
1g net carbs per serving (whole recipe)
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size Whole recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 282 Total Fat 14g Saturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 613mg Sodium 1006mg Carbohydrates 1g Net Carbohydrates 1g Fiber 0g Protein 34g
Check out my Low Carb Meals For One Recipes Ebook!
Are you the only person following a low carb diet in your home? Check out my book!