This low carb strawberry sauce tastes amazing with Greek yogurt or low carb vanilla ice cream! Sugar free recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I *love* strawberries. They are just the perfect summer fruit. So one of the things I like to make is a quick strawberry sauce, and serve it over low carb ice cream. My favorite brands of commercially available ice cream are HaloTop and Breyer's CarbSmart – both have a wonderful vanilla flavor. This sauce is also great with my low carb chocolate chip ice cream, and which you can find in my book Low Carb Chocolate Recipes.
Hull the strawberries and place in a saucepan with lemon juice and sugar free liquid sweetener. You could make some homemade simple syrup or buy a sugar free sweetener like Da Vinci both are zero carb!
Cook over a low-medium heat, stirring regularly. The strawberries will start to break down and form the sauce. I like my sauce quite thick, so I usually add just a pinch of xanthan gum. This thickens up the liquid and makes it pleasingly gloopy!
Leave to cool slightly and serve warm, or leave to cool fully, cover, and store in the fridge until required.
Low Carb Strawberry Sauce #lowcarb Click To Tweet
If you'd like some more ideas for low carb ice cream toppings, check out this HUGE list!
Low Carb Strawberry Sauce
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 8 oz fresh strawberries hulled then halved
- ¼ cup low carb simple syrup or Da Vinci sugar free syrup
- ½ tsp lemon juice
- pinch of xanthan gum
- Place the strawberries, syrup and lemon juice in a saucepan.
- Heat over a low-medium heat until the strawberries start to fall apart and a sauce is formed.
- Sprinkle over the xanthan gum to thicken the sauce.
- Serve warm or leave to cool completely then cover and keep in the fridge.