These baked tomatoes are cooked with a gorgeous creamy tarragon topping. A very easy low carb side dish.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I don’t often use fresh tomatoes other than in salads or for making salsa. But this baked dish is very good, and the aniseedy fresh tarragon pairs fantastically with the tomatoes. Try serving this with roast chicken or steamed fish!
Slice the tomatoes and place them into a small baking dish in layers. In a small bowl, mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, chopped fresh tarragon and salt and pepper. Spread the mixture over the tomatoes.
Place in a preheated oven for 15-20 minutes until the topping starts to darken. Grind some extra black pepper over the tomatoes and serve.
It’s best to use a slotted spoon for serving as the tomatoes will have released a lot of water!Baked Tomatoes with Tarragon - a #lowcarb side dish recipe Click To Tweet
- 1 lb fresh tomatoes
- ½ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbs chopped fresh tarragon
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Slice the tomatoes and place them in a small baking dish in layers.
- Mix together the remaining ingredients, test for seasoning, then spoon the mixture over the tomatoes.
- Bake the dish for 15-20 minutes until the topping starts to brown. Serve using a slotted spoon.
4g net carbs per serving
Check out my Low Carb Side Dish Recipes Ebook!
Need more easy low carb side dish recipes? My ebook features 18 dishes that need 5 ingredients or less!