This creamy butternut squash and Parmesan dip is a delicious low carb dish to serve as an appetizer or snack!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
When butternut squash is roasted it has such an amazing flavor! It isn't one of the super low carb vegetables, so make sure you keep a good eye on portion control with this one. Here I've combined it with cream cheese, garlic and Parmesan to make a super soft and gorgeously creamy dip for you and your friends and family to enjoy.
How to Make Butternut Squash and Parmesan Dip
Cut the butternut squash into rough pieces – you'll need about two cups of squash for this recipe.
Transfer the squash to a small baking sheet and drizzle some olive oil over. Season with salt and pepper, and roast in a preheated oven until tender – about twenty minutes.
Add the cooked squash to a blender (I love my Ninja!), together with garlic paste (or minced garlic), softened cream cheese, and shredded Parmesan. Blend until smooth – it helps if the squash is still warm because it will slightly melt the cheese!
Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary. If the dip is too thick, add a tablespoon or two of heavy cream, and blend again.
Spoon the dip into a serving bowl and garnish with fresh parsley for some extra color. This dip is extra delicious when served warm!
Provide jicama sticks, cucumber sticks, or celery sticks for dipping, or you could make some homemade tortilla chips! Shown here served with low carb Dixie USA Corn Chips (which you can buy from Netrition).
Roasted Butternut Squash and Parmesan Dip - a #lowcarb recipe Click To Tweet
- 2 cups butternut squash, roughly chopped (about 10 oz)
- 2 tbs olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 tsp garlic paste, or minced garlic
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- 1-2 tbs heavy cream, as needed
- fresh parsley, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375F,
- Place the squash on a small baking sheet and drizzle some olive oil over. Season with salt and pepper, and roast until tender - about twenty minutes.
- Add the cooked squash to a blender, together with garlic paste, softened cream cheese, and shredded Parmesan. Blend until smooth.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary. If the dip is too thick, add a tablespoon or two of heavy cream, and blend again.
- Spoon the dip into a serving bowl and garnish with fresh parsley for some extra color. This dip is extra delicious when served warm!
6g net carbs per serving. This recipe makes six servings.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size Sixth of the Dip
Amount Per Serving Calories 170Total Fat 14gSaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 30mgSodium 197mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 5g
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!
Check out my Low Carb Party Food Ebook!
Are you planning a party? Check out my mini ebook for low carb recipe inspiration!
Check out my Low Carb Chips & Dips Ebook!
Do you love chips and dips? Check out my mini ebook for more low carb recipes!