This low carb basil stuffed chicken recipe is super easy to make and adds loads of flavor. Perfect for an easy midweek entree!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I have sooooo much basil in my herb garden right now. I used a lot making the Italian Cheese Ball – and it barely made a dent! So I grabbed some more for making this easy stuffing for chicken – which takes about 5 minutes to prepare! I use chicken breasts that have the rib bone attached, as I think it keeps the meat more moist. But regular chicken breasts would also be fine – as long as they come with the skin.
To prepare the basil “stuffing”, combine cream cheese, shredded cheese (I use an Italian blend), garlic paste, finely chopped fresh basil leaves and black pepper.
Gently pull the skin of the chicken away from the meat on one side, and place half the stuffing underneath the skin. Spread it out underneath, then replace the skin.
Repeat with the other chicken breast, then season the skin with salt and black pepper. Place on a baking tray (I use a quarter size one) lined with a silicone mat or foil. Roast in a preheated oven for 45 minutes or until the center has reached 165F. A probe thermometer is useful for this!
Basil Stuffed Chicken Breasts - #lowcarb recipe Click To Tweet
- 2 bone-in, skin-on chicken breasts
- 2 tbs cream cheese
- 2 tbs shredded cheese
- ¼ tsp garlic paste
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves finely chopped
- black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Make the stuffing by combining the cream cheese, cheese, garlic paste, basil and black pepper.
- Gently peel back the skin on one side of the chicken breast and place the half stuffing inside. Smooth it down and replace the skin. Repeat for the other piece of chicken.
- Roast on a baking tray for 45 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165F has been reached.
1g net carb per serving
Check out my Low Carb Recipe Ebook!
If you adore Italian food, you'll love this collection of delicious 25 low carb Italian recipes!