This cauliflower crust pizza is loaded with creamy burrata and spicy jalapeños! A vegetarian recipe that is gluten free and keto friendly!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
The toppings for this pizza were inspired by this recipe from Chef Megan Mitchell – but although the original also included pepperoni, I decided to make my version vegetarian. I think it's because I wanted the burrata to be the star… And if you aren't familiar with burrata then check out my article: What Is Burrata? It's perfect for anyone following a low carb, keto, LCHF or soft-cheese-loving diet!
And of course you can always add some cooked meat to this pizza if you want additional protein, but it really isn't necessary. Just enjoy the spicy jalapeños with the creamy burrata – you'll find it satisfying enough, even if you aren't vegetarian!
How to Make a Burrata and Jalapeño Cauliflower Crust Pizza
To make the cauliflower crust, cook some riced cauliflower. I use a 12 oz bag of frozen cauli rice that cooks in the bag in the microwave. But you could also boil it in water until tender. To make your own cauliflower rice – check out my tutorial!
Let the cauliflower cool for 10 minutes, then place it in a large clean dish towel over the sink. Squeeze as much water out as you can.
Transfer the drained cauli rice to a large bowl, and add almond flour, grated Parmesan, a beaten egg, onion powder, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
Mix well, then turn out the “dough” onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Use slightly wet hands or the back of a spoon to push the mixture into an even circle, about 9″ wide.
Bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes or until the edges start to darken.
Add tomato sauce, more dried oregano, and sliced fresh jalapeños (I used green and red peppers – both homegrown!).
Finish with shredded mozzarella.
Return to the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Add torn burrata (you'll need two of the 2 oz balls or half of an 8oz ball), black pepper, and basil. You can use the silicone mat or parchment to slide the pizza onto a serving plate or cutting board. By the way – you can buy the 2 oz balls from Costco if you can't find them in your local grocery store.
This pizza is more filling than it might look! I recommend serving it with a side salad for a delicious lunch.
For the crust
- 12oz cauliflower rice (about 3 cups)
- ½ cup fine almond flour
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- salt and black pepper
For the topping
- ¼ cup canned tomato sauce
- ½ tsp dried oregano
- 10 slices fresh jalapeños
- ¼ cup shredded mozzarella
- 2 (2 oz) balls of burrata, torn
- black pepper
- fresh basil
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- To make the cauliflower crust, cook the riced cauliflower in the microwave or boiled in water until tender.
- Let the cauliflower cool for 10 minutes, then place it in a large clean dish towel over the sink. Squeeze as much water out as you can.
- Transfer the drained cauli rice to a large bowl, and add the almond flour, grated Parmesan, beaten egg, onion powder, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- Mix well, then turn out the "dough" onto a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Use slightly wet hands or the back of a spoon to push the mixture into an even circle, about 9" wide.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the edges start to darken.
- Add tomato sauce, more dried oregano, sliced jalapeños, and shredded mozzarella.
- Return to the oven for 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. Add burrata, black pepper, and basil, then serve.
7g net carbs per serving (quarter of the pizza). Serve with a side salad!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the pizza
Amount Per ServingCalories 257Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gCholesterol 78mgSodium 484mgCarbohydrates 11gNet Carbohydrates 7gFiber 4gSugar 3gProtein 16g