These roasted zucchini fries are the perfect “dippers” for a soft boiled egg!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This is a really delicious low carb lunch!
In a bowl or bag, mix together grated Parmesan, Italian seasoning, and olive oil. If you don’t have any Italian seasoning then any combination of dried marjoram, thyme, rosemary, sage, oregano and basil would work well as an alternative! Cut the zucchini into matchsticks. Note: Any pieces of zucchini without the skin on won’t be as crisp as the others. Add the zucchini to the Parmesan mixture and turn them around to coat. This is very easy to do in a sealable plastic bag – and less messy dishes!
Place the zucchini on a baking sheet lined with a baking rack and season with salt and pepper. Roast in a preheated oven for 15 minutes or until starting to brown at the edges.
Meanwhile, boil one or two eggs until soft boiled – I use one of the egg timers that you place in the water to cook both soft and hard boiled eggs – and it works perfectly every time! Serve the zucchini fries with the egg(s) for a tasty and healthy meal!
Soft Boiled Egg and Roasted Zucchini Fries #lowcarb Click To Tweet
- 1 medium zucchini cut into matchsticks
- 1 tbs olive oil spray
- 2 tbs grated Parmesan
- ¼ tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1-2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a bowl or bag, mix together the grated Parmesan, Italian seasoning, and olive oil. Add the zucchini and turn them around in the mixture to coat.
- Place them on a baking sheet lined with a baking rack and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the egg(s) until soft boiled, and serve with the fries.
6g net carbs per medium zucchini
Check out my Low Carb Meals For One Recipes Ebook!
Are you the only person following a low carb diet in your home? Check out my book!