These low carb zucchini fries are roasted to perfection with Italian seasonings! A tasty keto-friendly and gluten free side dish or savory snack!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
These zucchini fries are seriously addictive. The first time I made them I ate the entire batch and called it lunch! They're soft on the inside, and crispy and salty on the outside. You wouldn't confuse them with regular potato fries, it's true – but that doesn't make them any less tasty!
How to Make Low Carb Zucchini Fries
Cut the ends off two zucchini and discard. Cut the remaining zucchini into matchsticks. Note: Any pieces of zucchini without the skin on won't be as crisp as the others.
Place the zucchini into a bowl or bag, and add some olive oil. Massage the oil around the zucchini.
In a small bowl, mix together grated Parmesan, Italian seasoning, and paprika. If you don't have any Italian seasoning then any combination of dried marjoram, thyme, rosemary, sage, oregano and basil would work well as an alternative!
Add the Parmesan mixture to the zucchini and mix them around to coat. This is very easy to do in a sealable plastic bag – and less messy dishes! Place the zucchini on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat or kitchen foil, and season with salt and pepper. I like quite a lot of salt on my zucchini fries!
Roast in a preheated oven for 15 minutes or until starting to brown at the edges.
If you want them even crispier, place them under a hot broiler for a few minutes, turning the zucchini as necessary.
They're so moreish!
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 6 tbs finely grated Parmesan
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp paprika
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Line a large baking sheet with a silicone mat or kitchen foil.
- Cut the ends off the zucchini and discard. Cut the remaining zucchini into matchsticks. Note: Any pieces of zucchini without the skin on won't be as crisp as the others.
- Place the zucchini into a bowl or bag, and add the olive oil. Massage the oil around the zucchini.
- In a small bowl, mix together the grated Parmesan, Italian seasoning, and paprika. Add the Parmesan mixture to the zucchini, and mix them around to coat.
- Place the zucchini on the prepared baking sheet, and season with salt and pepper. Roast for 15 minutes or until starting to brown at the edges.
- If you want them even crispier, place them under a hot broiler for a few minutes, turning the zucchini as necessary.
6g net carbs per serving (half the recipe)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 225Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 5gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 15mgSodium 459mgCarbohydrates 8.5gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 2.5gSugar 4gProtein 7g
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is my best approximation. I cannot guarantee completely accurate data due to variations in ingredients and cooking methods. Carbohydrates from sugar alcohols are not included in net carb counts as it has been shown that they do not impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.
By the way, this recipe was originally published as a lunch or brunch dish with a soft boiled egg. I have since improved the zucchini recipe – as you can see the ones below don't look so good! But the combination of roasted zucchini fries and runny egg yolk is still highly recommended!