These low carb avocado fries are addictive! A super soft middle with a crunchy, nutty coating, all served with a creamy chipotle dip. Keto and gluten free recipe!
This post may contain affiliate links.
A few weeks ago I was in a restaurant and saw avocado fries on the menu. I didn't order them, because I figured that the breading or coating wouldn't be low carb. Then the other day I picked up a bag of six avocados (and I've already used two for my Easy Creamy Guacamole!), and felt that it was about time I tried making my own low carb version of the fries. I used the same coating as my recipe for low carb chicken tenders. It added a slightly nutty taste, which worked well with the avocado. In fact, they were completely moreish, and the super simple chipotle dip went perfectly with the fries.
Watch the video tutorial or scroll down for the full instructions and printable recipe card!
How to Make Avocado Fries
Prepare the avocados by cutting them in half, removing the stone, then using a spoon to scoop out the flesh intact. Cut the avocado into slices and set aside. Grab two bowls, and in the first one beat two eggs together. In the second one, add a combination of almond flour, flaxseed meal, salt, and pepper.
Dip each avocado slice into the egg, then drop it into the almond mixture. Turn to coat it thoroughly, then place it on a wire rack set inside a baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the slices.
Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the coating starts to turn brown. To make the dipping sauce, combine some sour cream with as much chipotle powder as you like. Or you could use smoky paprika if you don't like the heat!
Low Carb Avocado Fries #lowcarb #lowcarbsnack Click To Tweet
You can serve these low carb avocado fries as a low carb appetizer or snack!
- 2 firm avocados, cut in half, stone removed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup flaxseed meal
- salt and pepper
for the dipping sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- chipotle powder or smoky paprika
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Scoop out the flesh of the avocado with a spoon. Cut the avocado into slices and set aside.
- Add the beaten eggs to one bowl. Mix the almond flour, flaxseed meal, salt and pepper in a second bowl.
- Dip each avocado slice into the egg, then drop it into the almond mixture. Turn to coat it thoroughly, then place it on a wire rack set inside a baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the slices.
- Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the coating starts to turn brown.
- To make the dipping sauce, combine the sour cream with as much chipotle powder or paprika as you like.
5g net carbs per serving including dipping sauce
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 380Total Fat 33gSaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 96mgSodium 64mgCarbohydrates 15gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 10gSugar 2gProtein 10g