Enjoy this homemade almond butter which has a wonderful flavor and is naturally low in carbohydrates! Sugar free recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This butter is SO good! And, as you'd expect, it's much better than a store-bought version!
To make this recipe I used dry roasted unsalted almonds; and you definitely need whole almonds because you need their natural oils to help make the butter. I added a little sea salt after the butter had blended, and that's all! Just two ingredients!
How to Make Homemade Almond Butter
Add the almonds to a blender – you'll need something quite powerful and my Ninja is perfect! There are three key stages that you'll go through:
- Almond flour – but keep going!
- Sticky almond flour – but keep going!
- Almond butter
Depending on your blender, it could take up to 15 minutes to make the butter. Once it's made, add the salt, half a teaspoon at a time until it tastes right.
Store the butter in the fridge in an airtight container for up to two months.
Here are some uses for your homemade almond butter:
- Spread it on a low carb bagel (shown below are sesame ones from Great Low Carb Baking Co)
- Make almond frosting for cakes or cupcakes
- Enjoy these super tasty almond cheesecake bites (check out the recipe video!)
- Start the day with this low carb almond and blueberry shake!
- 1 lb dry roasted unsalted almonds
- ½ - 2 tsp salt
- Add the almonds to a blender. There are three key stages that you'll go through:
Sticky almond flour
2. Depending on your blender, it could take up to 15 minutes to make the butter. Once it's made, add the salt, half a teaspoon at a time until it tastes right.
3. Store the butter in the fridge in an airtight container for up to two months.
0.5g net carbs per serving of two tablespoons (This recipe makes approximately 24 servings)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 24 Serving Size 20 Servings
Amount Per ServingCalories 130 Total Fat 11g Sodium 116mg Carbohydrates 4g Net Carbohydrates 2g Fiber 2g Protein 4g