Bacon salt is a fantastically flavorful seasoning with many uses! An easy low carb and keto friendly recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links.
This is a super easy recipe that has a lot of potential! You'll be unsurprised to read that it just contains bacon and salt – and because of this I think it's ideal to use good quality ingredients.
Sea salt flakes are pretty easy to find in grocery stores, but the bacon is a little trickier, although it depends on your preferences! Recently I was recommended to try Nueske's bacon – based in Wisconsin. I'm not sure how widespread their products are located but it is by far the best bacon I've had in the US! They have several different varieties – I used Applewood Smoked for this recipe.
How to Make Bacon Salt
If you don't have the bacon cooked already, cook it using your preferred method and let it cool completely.
Roughly chop the bacon and add it to a mini food processor or grinder. Add some sea salt flakes.
Process until it reaches a fine consistency.
Transfer to an airtight container (the “salt pig” shown is just for photos – but it's great for regular salt!) in the fridge for up to a month.
Low Carb Ways to Use Bacon Salt
- Sprinkle it over grilled or steamed low carb vegetables
- Mix into scrambled eggs
- Use it as a decorative rim for a low carb Bloody Mary
- Seasoning for grilled chicken, pork, beef, or shrimp
- Sprinkle it over low carb avocado toast
- Seasoning for roasted chicken wings
- Use it a a garnish for deviled eggs
- 3 slices good quality cooked bacon
- 2 tbs sea salt flakes
- Roughly chop the bacon and add it to a mini food processor or grinder. Add some sea salt flakes.
- Process until it reaches a fine consistency.
- Transfer to an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to a month.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 18 Serving Size 1 tsp
Amount Per Serving Calories 9Total Fat 0.7gSaturated Fat 0.2gCholesterol 2mgSodium 737mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 0.7g