Are you ready to enjoy some amazing low carb avocado toast? Grab some low carb bread and try these fantastic toppings – over 18 to choose from!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
OK so I'm a bit late in joining the super trendy Avocado Toast craze – but I figured I'd make up for it by providing you with 14 options! Here are the key elements (in case it wasn't obvious!):
- Low carb bread. I don't make my own, I buy it – and I make no apologies for it! Check out my guide to buying low carb bread. At the moment I particularly like the seeded bread from Carbonaut– 2g net carbs per slice (which you can see in the Indian-inspired toast below).
- Ripe avocado. It has to be squishy enough that you can mash it easily with a fork, and I reckon about one avocado for two slices of toast is ideal.
- Salt and pepper.
Toast the bread, mash the avocado onto the toast, season. Done.
After that, of course, you can get creative. Maybe a dash of lime juice or hot sauce? Once I'd started making avocado toast – I couldn't stop! It's perfect for breakfast, lunch, or even a snack!
The best toppings for your low carb avocado toast
- Arugula or watercress
- Sliced radishes
- Indian inspired – a medium boiled egg and a shake of garam masala
- Hot and sour – a splash of sriracha and drizzle of fresh lemon juice
- Marinated mushrooms
- Crispy bacon and a shake of chipotle powder
- Smoked salmon and fresh dill
- Mini (2oz) burrata, fresh basil, and cherry tomatoes
- Red pepper flakes
- Buffalo sauce mixed into the avocado and then topped with celery and blue cheese crumbles (my new favorite!)
- Deli turkey and wholegrain mustard
- Poached eggs (since getting a Dash egg cooker I eat so many more poached eggs!)
- Chopped hard boiled eggs mixed with a little mayo
- Mexican style – low carb salsa, crunched up low carb chips, and cilantro (almost like a version of my Mexican Fish recipe!)
- Cucumber slices and fresh basil
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Fried egg
- Pesto and grated Parmesan
- Baby spinach and feta cheese
Do you have any other favorite toppings for your low carb avocado toast? Let me know in the comments!
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!
Check out my Low Carb Ebook - all Five Ingredients or Less!
If you're too tired or too busy to prepare complicated low carb meals, then this is the recipe book for you!