Are you ready to enjoy some amazing low carb avocado toast? Grab some low carb bread and try these fantastic toppings – over 18 to choose from!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
OK so I'm a bit late in joining the super trendy Avocado Toast craze – but I figured I'd make up for it by providing you with 14 options! Here are the key elements (in case it wasn't obvious!):
- Low carb bread. I don't make my own, I buy it – and I make no apologies for it! Check out my guide to buying low carb bread. At the moment I particularly like the seeded bread from Carbonaut– 2g net carbs per slice (which you can see in the Indian-inspired toast below).
- Ripe avocado. It has to be squishy enough that you can mash it easily with a fork, and I reckon about one avocado for two slices of toast is ideal.
- Salt and pepper.
Toast the bread, mash the avocado onto the toast, season. Done.
After that, of course, you can get creative. Maybe a dash of lime juice or hot sauce? Once I'd started making avocado toast – I couldn't stop! It's perfect for breakfast, lunch, or even a snack!
The best toppings for your low carb avocado toast
- Arugula or watercress
- Sliced radishes
- Indian inspired – a medium boiled egg and a shake of garam masala
- Hot and sour – a splash of sriracha and drizzle of fresh lemon juice
- Marinated mushrooms
- Crispy bacon and a shake of chipotle powder
- Smoked salmon and fresh dill
- Mini (2oz) burrata, fresh basil, and cherry tomatoes
- Red pepper flakes
- Buffalo sauce mixed into the avocado and then topped with celery and blue cheese crumbles (my new favorite!)
- Deli turkey and wholegrain mustard
- Poached eggs (since getting a Dash egg cooker I eat so many more poached eggs!)
- Chopped hard boiled eggs mixed with a little mayo
- Mexican style – low carb salsa, crunched up low carb chips, and cilantro (almost like a version of my Mexican Fish recipe!)
- Cucumber slices and fresh basil
- Homemade bacon salt
- Crumbled goat cheese
- Fried egg
- Pesto and grated Parmesan
- Baby spinach and feta cheese
Do you have any other favorite toppings for your low carb avocado toast? Let me know in the comments!