Want to try something a little different? How about low carb huevos rancheros deviled eggs?!?
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Deviled eggs are a popular low carb party food offering, and there are so many ways to make them! I decided to try them with a Mexican twist – and I have to say that they taste fantastic!
How to Make Huevos Rancheros Deviled Eggs
Peel the eggs, slice in half lengthways, and scoop out the yolk into a bowl, and place the egg whites onto a baking tray lined with a silicone mat (I received this quarter size one for Christmas and love it!).
To the egg yolks add salsa, onion powder, mayonnaise and chipotle powder. If you don't like chipotle you can substitute with paprika. Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as necessary.
Spoon the mixture into a plastic bag, squish it into one corner and snip off the end. Pipe it into back into the egg white cavities.
Sprinkle with cheese and diced pickled jalapenos. Place under the broiler for just a minute or two until the cheese starts to brown. Sprinkle with a little extra chipotle powder (or paprika) and serve warm if possible (you can use one of those fancy platters if you have one!) – your guests will wolf these huevos rancheros deviled eggs down within seconds!
Amazing #huevosrancheros #deviledeggs - a #lowcarb party food or snack! Click To Tweet
- 6 eggs, hard boiled and peeled
- 2 tbs salsa
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- ¼ tsp chipotle powder, or to taste
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tbs shredded cheese
- 1 tsp diced pickled jalapenos
- Slice the eggs in half lengthways, scoop out the yolk into a bowl.
- To the yolk add salsa, mayonnaise, chipotle powder, onion powder. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the egg yolk mixture into a plastic bag, and snip off one corner. Place the egg whites onto a baking tray and pipe the filling into each cavity.
- Sprinkle some cheese and diced jalapenos over each egg. Place under a preheated grill for 1-2 minutes until cheese is starting to brown.
- Sprinkle over some more chipotle powder and serve warm.
1g net carbs per serving of two egg halves
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 2 egg halves
Amount Per Serving Calories 112Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 169mgSodium 168mgCarbohydrates 1gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 0gProtein 6g