This fantastic crustless key lime pie is made in the Instant Pot! It's also a low carb, keto, sugar free, LCHF, and gluten free recipe!
Disclosure: I was provided with this book from Alpha Books free of charge in exchange for my fair and honest review. Please see my disclosure policy. This post also contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Ah, the key lime pie – an American classic dessert – but sadly it isn't usually low carb. So when I was looking through Stacey Crawford's fantastic new book: Keto in an Instant – and saw a crustless version, I knew that I just *had* to make it!
It isn't just desserts in the book, by the way, there is SO much more! Highlights for me include Chile Queso Dip, Steamed Artichokes with Creamy Dijon Sauce, Bacon Cheeseburger Salad, Hawaiian Pulled Pork, and Slow Cooker Pizza Casserole! You can buy the book on Amazon (of course!) – and it's perfect for some wonderful low carb recipe inspiration!
Oh – and the other reason that I really wanted to try this recipe was that ages ago I bought a 7″ springform pan to fit into my Instant Pot – and never used it! Finally – I had a recipe for it! I started by lining it with parchment paper.
How to Make a Keto Crustless Key Lime Pie
In a stand mixer, I combined softened cream cheese, low carb granular sweetener (I used Swerve), coconut flour and vanilla extract until smooth. Then I slowly added two eggs and an egg yolk. Finally, I added some key lime juice (from a bottle, because fresh key limes aren't in season yet – and I just couldn't wait!), and blended again.
I poured everything into the prepared pan, covered it with a paper towel, and wrapped it in foil.
I placed a steam rack inside my Instant Pot together with some water, then put the springform pan onto the rack. I locked the lid down, and sealed it. I cooked it on Pressure Cook (high) for 44 minutes (very precise – but it seemed to work!). When the cooking time as complete, I let the pressure release naturally.
I carefully removed the pan, and removed the paper towel. When the pan was cool, I recovered it in foil and let it set in the fridge overnight.
The next day, I carefully removed the sides of the springform pan and the paper at the sides. For the topping, I beat some heavy cream and sweetener until stiff, then smoothed it over the pie (I didn't need quite as much as Stacey recommended in the book, but then again she does recommend slicing the pie THEN adding the topping!
To finish, I added some finely grated lime zest using my Microplane.
It looked really pretty, even if I do say so myself!
It tasted great, too – a perfect balance of creaminess, sweetness, and citrus!
Love key limes? Check out my new low carb key lime smoothie recipe!
- 16 oz cream cheese, softened
- ⅔ cup low carb granular sweetener, eg Swerve
- 1½ tsp coconut flour
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- ¼ cup key lime juice, bottled or fresh
For the topping
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbs low carb sweetener
- finely grated lime zest, to garnish
- Line a 6 or 7" springform pan with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, combine the softened cream cheese, low carb granular sweetener, coconut flour and vanilla extract until smooth. Slowly add two eggs and an egg yolk. Finally, add the key lime juice and blend again.
- Pour everything into the prepared pan, cover it with a paper towel, and wrap it in foil. Place a steam rack inside the Instant Pot together with some 1½ cups water, then put the springform pan onto the rack.
- Lock the lid down, and seal it. Cook it on Pressure Cook (high) for 44 minutes. When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure release naturally.
- Carefully remove the pan from the Instant Pot, and remove the paper towel. When the pan was cool, recover it in foil and let it set in the fridge overnight.
- The next day, carefully removed the sides of the springform pan and the paper at the sides. For the topping, beat some heavy cream and sweetener until stiff, then smooth it over the pie.
- To finish, add some finely grated lime zest.
4g net carbs per serving (one eighth of the pie)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size Eighth of the pie
Amount Per Serving Calories 258Total Fat 24gSaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 141mgSodium 204mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 5g