This fiesta taco salad contains only a fraction of the carbs found in regular tacos – and it's just as filling! Low carb and keto friendly recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links.
Have you heard about my new book: the Super Easy Keto Cookbook?!? The paperback and Kindle ebook versions are now available on Amazon.com!
This recipe is the star of the “30 Minutes or Less” chapter – and it takes crowd-pleasing tacos and turns them into a keto-friendly salad! Oh, and here's a top tip if you have picky eaters in your family: serve everything in separate bowls and let everyone construct their own salad. You could also offer tortilla chips, warm taco shells, or flour tortillas for those not following keto.
How to Make a Keto Fiesta Taco Salad
In a large skillet, heat some olive oil over medium heat. Add some ground beef and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned all over, for about ten minutes. You could also make this recipe with ground turkey or chicken!
While the meat is cooking, place some shredded lettuce and halved cherry tomatoes in a large serving bowl.
Drain any excess liquid from the cooked meat. Stir in some oregano, cumin, paprika, and low carb salsa – I love the Green Mountain Gringo salsa which you can buy from Netrition (available in mild, medium, or hot!). Remove from heat, and spoon the beef over the salad. Add some shredded cheese (I like a Mexican blend!) over the beef, then garnish with some avocado, cilantro and sliced jalapeños – although these are optional!
Toss everything together or leave in layers. Serve immediately with sour cream, if desired.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 4 oz shredded iceberg lettuce
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp paprika
- ¼ cup low carb salsa
- ¼ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- fresh cilantro leaves, for garnish
- 1 jalapeño, sliced, for garnish (optional)
- sour cream (optional)
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the ground beef and cook, breaking it up with a spoon, until browned all over, about 10 minutes.
- While the meat is cooking, place the shredded lettuce and halved cherry tomatoes in a large serving bowl.
- Drain any excess liquid from the cooked meat. Stir in the oregano, cumin, paprika, and salsa. Remove from heat, and spoon the beef over the salad.
- Add the shredded cheese over the beef, then garnish with the avocado, cilantro and sliced jalapeños, if using.
- Toss everything together or leave in layers. Serve immediately with sour cream, if desired.
5g net carbs per serving (quarter of the salad)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 457Total Fat 36gCarbohydrates 11gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 6gProtein 24g