These sugar free sweet and sour chicken wings are a fantastic Chinese appetizer or snack! Low carb and keto friendly recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
If you haven't tried my awesome low carb sweet and sour sauce – now's the time!
It's the perfect copycat recipe of the classic Chinese sauce – and although is often served with chicken pieces, it works very well over wings too. The sauce can very easily be made in advance – just store it in an airtight container in the fridge. You only need a half cup of sauce for this recipe, so you'll have plenty left over for other uses!
How to Make Sugar Free Sweet and Sour Wings
Prepare the wings (if not already divided into wingettes and drumettes). Use sharp kitchen shears to cut off (and discard) the tips. Then bend the remaining wing in the opposite direction to expose the joint, and cut along that area to divide the two parts.
Place the wings on a wire rack placed over a baking sheet and season with salt and black pepper.
Roast for 25-30 minutes in a preheated oven or until the wings have reached an internal temperature of at least 165F. Meanwhile, make the low carb sweet and sour sauce if not already prepared in advance.
When the wings are ready, transfer them to a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the top.
Stir well to mix, then serve, garnished with chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
The sauce works perfectly with the crispy skin and tender meat of the wings. Totally moreish!
Check out all my low carb chicken wing recipes!
- 6 raw chicken wings, tips removed and remainder divided into wingettes and drumettes
- salt and black pepper
- ½ cup homemade low carb sweet and sour sauce
- chopped green onions and sesame seeds, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place the wings on a wire rack placed over a baking sheet and season with salt and black pepper. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until the wings have reached an internal temperature of at least 165F.
- Meanwhile, make the low carb sweet and sour sauce if not already prepared in advance.
- When the wings are ready, transfer them to a large bowl. Pour the sauce over the top.
- Stir well to mix, then serve, garnished with chopped green onions and sesame seeds.
0.7g net carbs per serving of 6 wingettes or drumettes (half the recipe including the sauce)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 6 wingettes
Amount Per Serving Calories 677Total Fat 32gSaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 231mgSodium 652mgCarbohydrates 0.7gNet Carbohydrates 0.7gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 54g
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!