This keto mushroom sauce is wonderfully creamy, and is perfect with steak or chicken! Low carb and LCHF recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This sauce is so easy to make! The earthy mushrooms are given a little kick of flavor from some Dijon mustard, and the finished result is a creamy, decadent, and seriously delicious sauce!
It is an ideal accompaniment for grilled steak or chicken, but you could also serve it over low carb spaghetti or noodles! I’ve calculated the nutritional data based on four servings, and you will need a side dish as well as the meat. However, if you want to serve it as a side dish in its own right – then it will only serve two people.
How to Make Keto Mushroom Sauce
Melt some butter in a large skillet with a little olive oil. Add some sliced mushrooms and cook until tender.
Add some heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce, and Dijon mustard, and stir well to combine. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens.
Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as necessary.
Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.
Keto Mushroom Sauce
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 2 tbs butter
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and black pepper
- chopped fresh parsley to garnish
- Melt the butter in a large skillet with some olive oil. Add the mushrooms and cook until tender.
- Add the heavy cream, Worcestershire sauce, and Dijon mustard, and stir well to combine. Continue cooking until the sauce thickens.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper as necessary.
- Garnish with chopped fresh parsley.