This keto sweet and sour chicken recipe is a fantastic copycat version of the classic Chinese dish. Low carb and sugar free recipe with homemade sauce.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This recipe was created because I decided to remake my low carb sweet and sour sauce with different thickening agent options.
And then of course, I had lots of sauce! So I used some for my new sweet and sour wings recipe and then most of the rest went into this chicken dish. This recipe is actually slightly unusual for me because it includes green peppers – I'm not usually a fan but it felt right with the other ingredients and worked out really well.
How to Make Keto Sweet and Sour Chicken
I highly recommend making the sauce in advance – it keeps so well in the fridge! But of course you could make it at the same time as cooking the chicken if you preferred.
Dice some chicken breast or tenderloins.
Heat some olive oil in a large skillet over a medium heat, and add the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes, turning the pieces occasionally. Add a chopped bell pepper – I used half red and half green, but you could use the same color.
Continue cooking until the peppers are tender and the chicken is cooked through. Add the sauce – I like about ¾ cup but you might like more or less than that. Stir to mix the sauce into the chicken and peppers, and warm through.
Serve, garnished with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 lb chicken breast or tenderloins, diced
- 1 red or green bell pepper, seeded and chopped*
- ¾ cup homemade low carb sweet and sour sauce
- 1-2 green onions, sliced, to garnish
- ½ tsp sesame seeds, to garnish
- Make the sauce and set aside, if not already prepared in advance.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over a medium heat, and add the chicken. Cook for 5 minutes, turning the pieces occasionally.
- Add the bell pepper and continue cooking until the peppers are tender and the chicken is cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Add the sauce, stir to mix the sauce into the chicken and peppers, and warm through.
- Serve, garnished with the sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
* You could use half of each color as shown in the photos.
4.5g net carbs per serving (half the recipe, not including cauliflower rice)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 471Total Fat 15gSaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 193mgSodium 372mgCarbohydrates 5.5gNet Carbohydrates 4.5gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 71g