This antipasto salad is perfect for a warm day! Serve it as an appetizer, lunch, or as a side dish for grilled meat or fish!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
When it's too hot to cook, salad is of course the answer! This stunning salad is not only visually exciting, but it's very versatile and has a fantastic combination of flavors!
Once you've mixed it all up, you literally have no idea what you're going to get next. Will it be mozzarella, olives and basil? Or artichoke, tomato and cheese?
And if you like this salad, try my low carb antipasto cups – perfect for a socially distanced gathering!
How to Make a Low Carb Antipasto Salad
Start by adding some lettuce leaves to the base of a large serving bowl. Add some halved cherry tomatoes and drained marinated artichoke quarters.
Next, you need to get chopping! Chop salami, pepperoni and sliced provolone cheese into quarters, halves or wedges, depending on the size.
Add them to the bowl. As you can see I prefer to keep everything in separate areas for presentation.
After this add some black olives, pepperoncini or sweet cherry peppers, and some small mozzarella balls. The ones I used were called “pearls”. Finish with finely sliced fresh basil leaves.
Present it to the table for everyone to admire – just look at those colors!
You can definitely prepare this fantastic salad in advance! Just make sure to keep it covered to prevent the cheese drying out.
To serve, use salad tongs to mix it together.
I served this with my homemade low carb Italian dressing – but let individuals add as much as they wanted rather than pour it over the whole salad.
And these ingredients are just the starting point! Here's some more low carb options:
- marinated or canned anchovies
- pickled vegetables (eg cauliflower)
- marinated mushrooms
- roasted red peppers
- cooked low carb pasta
Let me know in the comments which combination you choose!
Low Carb Antipasto Salad
This antipasto salad is perfect for a warm day! Serve it as an appetizer, lunch, or as a side to grilled meat or fish!
- 2 cups lettuce leaves
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 6 oz marinated artichokes, quartered
- 16 slices pepperoni
- 12 slices salami
- 6 slices provolone
- 10 black olives
- 4 pepperoncini or cherry peppers
- 4 oz mozzarella pearls
- 3-4 fresh basil leaves, finely sliced
- low carb Italian dressing, to serve
- Start by adding the lettuce leaves to the base of a large serving bowl. Add the cherry tomatoes and drained marinated artichoke quarters.
- Chop the salami, pepperoni and sliced provolone cheese into quarters, halves or wedges, depending on the size. Add them to the bowl, keeping everything in separate areas for presentation.
- After this add the black olives, pepperoncini or sweet cherry peppers, and mozzarella balls. Finish with the basil.
- Present it to the table for everyone to admire, and then use salad tongs to mix it together before serving.
7g net carbs per serving based on four portions.
Nutritional data for the dressing is not included.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 429Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 90mgSodium 2124mgCarbohydrates 11gNet Carbohydrates 7gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 27g
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is my best approximation. I cannot guarantee completely accurate data due to variations in ingredients and cooking methods. Carbohydrates from sugar alcohols are not included in net carb counts as it has been shown that they do not impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.