This low carb Italian dressing is SO much better than store-bought! Sugar free, LCHF, and keto friendly recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
If you've never made your own salad dressing or vinaigrette before, you'll love how easy it is AND how much better it tastes! For us low-carbers, one of the most important differences though is the lack of sugar. The other day I found a vinaigrette that contained 14 grams of carbohydrates for two tablespoons, all of which were sugars! In fact the first ingredient was sugar, followed by water!
Although homemade versions don't last so long, once you start making your own you won't look back!
Here are some of the recipes that you might also like:
- Low Carb Cilantro Vinaigrette
- Low Carb Lemon Dressing
- Low Carb Blackberry Vinaigrette
- Low Carb Balsamic Dressing
- Low Carb Lemon Balm Vinaigrette
How to Make a Low Carb Italian Dressing
Pour some extra virgin olive oil into a salad dressing shaker, mason jar, or screw top jar. If you're in the US, find out how you can get some awesome quality EVOO for just $1! Add some red wine vinegar and Italian seasoning. If you can't find Italian seasoning you can substitute with a blend of dried herbs like basil, oregano, parsley, and marjoram.
Shake everything together until fully emulsified. You could also whisk it together in a bowl, but a shaker is faster!
Give it a taste test. If it is perfect, great! If not, consider one or more of these optional extras:
- Prefer it sweeter? Add in a little sugar free honey! Read my recipe for low carb honey mustard sauce for options.
- Not a strong enough flavor? Add some garlic powder, garlic paste, or minced garlic.
- Want the dressing to have more body? Add in a couple of tablespoons of finely grated Parmesan
Any of these options can be a game changer! Just shake it up again and you're good to go.
Store the dressing in the fridge for up to two weeks. Before using, bring it to room temperature for a few minutes then give it a good shake. It is normal for the ingredients to separate!
- Pour some extra virgin olive oil into a salad dressing shaker, mason jar, or screw top jar.
- Shake everything together until fully emulsified. You could also whisk it together in a bowl, but a shaker is faster!
- Give it a taste test and add the honey, garlic, or Parmesan if desired.
- Store the dressing in the fridge for up to two weeks.
- Before using, bring it to room temperature for a few minutes then give it a good shake. It is normal for the ingredients to separate!
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 2 tablespoons
Amount Per ServingCalories 181Total Fat 20gSaturated Fat 2.8gTrans Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 1.2mgCarbohydrates 0.3gNet Carbohydrates 0.2gFiber 0.1gSugar 0gProtein 0.1g
Check out my Low Carb Recipe Ebook!
If you adore Italian food, you'll love this collection of delicious 25 low carb Italian recipes!