Who fancies a BAT burger?!?!? These bacon avocado and turkey burgers are healthy and delicious!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
As well as being low carb, these burgers are egg free, gluten free, and grain free. By processing the ground turkey and avocado together, the ingredients hold together better. You could add in an egg if you wanted – but there’s absolutely no need for any breadcrumbs or similar.
Make the burger patties by combining ground turkey, garlic paste and a generous amount of salt and pepper in a food processor. Add some ripe diced avocado and whizz the blades a few times so that it is mixed into the turkey, but a few pieces remain intact.
Then add some cooked chopped bacon and pulse a few times.
Form the mixture into four patties – whatever thickness you prefer. Cook them on the grill (or a grill pan if you prefer to cook inside!) until cooked through. A probe thermometer is really useful for this – you need them to reach an internal temperature of at least 165F.
Some mayonnaise and salad leaves go great with this – and if you’re looking for some low carb bun ideas – check out my collection of 18 ideas! Shown below is a SmartBun, which you can buy from Netrition. They’re 4g net carbs per bun – unless you also exclude sugar alcohols when counting – if you don’t count them, then the carb count drops to ZERO! Highly recommended!
Low Carb Bacon, Avocado and Turkey Burgers
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tbs garlic paste
- salt and pepper
- 1 ripe avocado roughly chopped
- 4 slices cooked bacon chopped
- low carb bun, salad leaves and mayo to serve
- Add the turkey, garlic, and a generous amount of salt and pepper to a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Next, add the avocado and whizz the mixture a few times until it is mixed into the turkey.
- Finally add the bacon and pulse just twice.
- Form the mixture into four patties and cook on the grill for 15-20 minute or until cooked through.
- Serve with lettuce, mayo, and a low carb bun.
Check out my Low Carb Family Favorites Ebook!
Are you looking for low carb recipes for the whole family to enjoy? Check out my book!