With grilling season in full swing – here are 18 low carb buns for you to try – homemade, store-bought, and even some bun alternatives!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I’ll be honest – sometimes I eat low carb burgers over a salad, or with some roasted veggies – and skip the bun completely! But that means eating with a knife and fork – and sometimes I just want to pick up a big juice burger with both hands and take a huge bite.
So I put together this collection of low carb buns and split them into three sections. Firstly – think out of the box and don’t use bread at all! Secondly – some ready-made low carb buns that you can buy online – there are some really great options available! The downside with buying them is that it can get quite pricey – so how about making your own? I’ve pulled together several great recipes from some of my favorite low carb bloggers!
Have a great low carb summer!
Want to skip low carb buns completely? Here are some alternatives:
- Lettuce wraps
- Low carb tortilla (check out my low carb cheeseburger wraps!)
- Portobello mushrooms
- Sliced of grilled eggplant
- Make mini burgers and serve them on a skewer with lettuce, tomato, and cheese!
- Bacon weave (use the same method that I used to make my No-Bread BLT!)
Love bread – but don’t have time to make your own low carb version? Try these options!
- SmartBuns (read my review of them here)
- Fresh Baked Low Carb Hamburger Rolls from LC Foods (shown below)
- Great Low Carb Bread Co Hamburger Buns
- ThinSlim Foods Love the Taste Zero Carb Hamburger Buns
Want to make your own? Here are some tasty options from some of my favorite low carb bloggers!
- Cloud Bread Buns – Step Away From the Carbs (shown below)
- The Ultimate Keto Buns from My PCOS Kitchen
- Low Carb Bread Rolls from All Day I Dream About Food
- Low Carb, Keto and Paleo Hamburger Buns from Wholesome Yum
- Quick Low Carb Buns from Beauty and the Foodie (shown below)
- Low Carb Psyllium Bread Rolls from Low Carb Yum
- Nut Free Keto Buns from KetoDietBlog
- Low Carb Hamburger Buns from Low Carb Maven (shown below)
Looking for burger recipes? Check out these low carb burger ideas!