Enjoy these fun little sausages at your next party with homemade low carb BBQ sauce! Keto and sugar free recipe that's made in the slow cooker.
This post may contain affiliate links.
This dish is a combination of two recipes that I have made previously: Smoky Barbecue Sauce and Mustard Cocktail Sausages! Like the mustard version, these BBQ party sausages are made in the slow cooker which makes it super easy to serve them warm at a party.
How to Make Low Carb BBQ Party Sausages
Mix the sauce in the bowl of your slow cooker (I use a small 3-quart one) by combining tomato sauce (from a can, not ketchup), white wine vinegar, paprika, garlic paste, dry mustard powder, and sugar free sweetening syrup (you could use low carb simple syrup or Da Vinci). Stir well then test for seasoning, adding salt and pepper as necessary.
Add two packs of mini sausages (I use Hillshire Farms Lit’l Smokies but any type will do as long as the carb count is low) and stir to coat them in the sauce.
Cook the sausages on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours, stirring half way through the cooking time (I know it loses some heat but it's the best way to ensure those flavors are well distributed).
Switch the slow cooker to the “keep warm” setting if it has one – this is super convenient if you have other party food to prepare! Use a slotted spoon to remove the sausages from the bowl – they will have produced a quite a bit of liquid but I think this method of cooking really intensifies the flavor once that water is removed! Place in a serving dish and provide toothpicks or mini forks.
Low Carb BBQ Party Sausages - a slow cooker recipe #lowcarb Click To Tweet
- 8 oz canned tomato sauce, not ketchup
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 2 tbs low carb simple syrup, or Da Vinci sugar free syrup
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- ½ tsp garlic paste
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 14 oz packs of mini sausages
- Mix the sauce in the bowl of your slow cooker by combining all ingredients apart from the sausages. Stir well then test for seasoning, adding salt and pepper as necessary.
- Add two packs of mini sausages and stir to coat them in the sauce.
- Cook the sausages on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours, stirring half way through the cooking time.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the sausages, place in a serving dish and provide toothpicks or mini forks.
4g net carbs per serving (about 3½ oz)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size Approx 3½ oz
Amount Per Serving Calories 307Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 63mgSodium 1164mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 12g