Enjoy these fun little sausages at your next party with homemade low carb BBQ sauce!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This dish is a combination of two recipes that I have made previously: Smoky Barbecue Sauce and Mustard Cocktail Sausages! Like the mustard version, these BBQ party sausages are made in the slow cooker which makes it super easy to serve them warm at a party.
Mix the sauce in the bowl of your slow cooker (I use a small 3-quart one) by combining tomato sauce (from a can, not ketchup), white wine vinegar, paprika, garlic paste, dry mustard powder, and sugar free sweetening syrup (I use Da Vinci). Stir well then test for seasoning, adding salt and pepper as necessary.
Add two packs of mini sausages (I use Hillshire Farms Lit’l Smokies but any type will do as long as the carb count is low) and stir to coat them in the sauce.
Cook the sausages on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours, stirring half way through the cooking time (I know it loses some heat but it’s the best way to ensure those flavors are well distributed).
Switch the slow cooker to the “keep warm” setting if it has one – this is super convenient if you have other party food to prepare! Use a slotted spoon to remove the sausages from the bowl – they will have produced a quite a bit of liquid but I think this method of cooking really intensifies the flavor once that water is removed! Place in a serving dish and provide toothpicks or mini forks.
Low Carb BBQ Party Sausages - a slow cooker recipe #lowcarb Click To Tweet
Low Carb BBQ Party SausagesPrint
- 8 oz canned tomato sauce not ketchup
- 2 tbs white wine vinegar
- 2 tbs sugar free sweetening syrup Da Vinci or similar
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp dry mustard powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic paste
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 14 oz packs of mini sausages
- Mix the sauce in the bowl of your slow cooker by combining all ingredients apart from the sausages. Stir well then test for seasoning, adding salt and pepper as necessary.
- Add two packs of mini sausages and stir to coat them in the sauce.
- Cook the sausages on high for 2-3 hours or low for 4-5 hours, stirring half way through the cooking time.
- Use a slotted spoon to remove the sausages, place in a serving dish and provide toothpicks or mini forks.
4g net carbs per serving
Check out my Low Carb Party Food Ebook!
Are you planning a party? Check out my mini ebook for low carb recipe inspiration!