These amazing buffalo ribs are cooked on the grill! It's so easy to do, and you'll love the buffalo sauce! Low carb, keto, and LCHF recipe.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #GetGrillingAmerica #CollectiveBias
Are you ready for grilling season? The moment the snow melts here in Illinois, we fire up the grill! But something I've never cooked on the grill is ribs – and I saw these hand-trimmed Smithfield Extra Tender Pork Back Ribs last time I was in Walmart. They're right in the pork aisle, and you can also find Smithfield Extra Tender Pork St Louis Style Ribs and Smithfield Extra Tender Pork Spareribs!
Smithfield Ribs do not contain any added hormones or steroids, and Championship Pitmasters use them in competitions! These high quality, extra-tender ribs from Smithfield® are also perfect for backyard grills like mine, and I decided that I was definitely up to the challenge of cooking them at home!
I really wanted to coat them with a delicious low carb buffalo sauce, so while I was in Walmart I also picked up a bottle of Tabasco.
I researched ways to cook ribs on the grill – and the most important task was to remove the membrane on the back of the ribs. At first I was daunted by this – but actually it was REALLY easy and only took a minute or two! Check out this great video tutorial.
By the way – if you'd rather cook the ribs in a slow cooker or instant pot, try these keto ribs from Dr Davinah Eats!
What's in this Article?
How to Make Low Carb Buffalo Ribs on the Grill
Once I'd removed the membrane, I seasoned the ribs with salt and pepper (there are SO many other flavors you could use – but I kept things simple). Then I placed them on the upper rack of my preheated grill, and placed some kitchen foil underneath the ribs. The foil was there to catch any drips and stop them falling into the flames. Then I closed the lid – and didn't open it again for one and a half hours!
Towards the end of that cooking time, I made the buffalo sauce from the Tabasco, butter, onion powder, and Worcestershire sauce.
I brushed half of it onto the ribs – they were smelling AMAZING by this point!
Then I cooked them for another 20 minutes or so. When cooking time was up, I brushed on the remaining sauce (which I had just brought up to boiling in the pan). The ribs were really easy to separate, and I served them to my family with some (out of a bottle!) blue cheese dressing – but ranch or sour cream would also work well.
I couldn't believe how easy this whole process has been – most of the work had been done by the grill! Definitely easy enough to cook on a weeknight. And as for the final verdict – each rib had SO much meat on it! Super juicy, too. Smithfield Extra Tender Ribs are definitely your secret weapon when it comes to cooking buffalo ribs on the grill!
- 1 rack Smithfield Extra Tender Pork Back Ribs
- salt and pepper
For the buffalo sauce:
- ½ cup Tabasco
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ tsp onion powder
- Removed the membrane from the back of the ribs, then season with salt and pepper.
- Place them on the upper rack of a preheated grill (set to medium heat), and place some kitchen foil underneath the ribs. Close the lid - and cook for one and a half hours without opening the lid.
- Towards the end of that cooking time, make the buffalo sauce by combining all the ingredients in a saucepan, and whisking together over a low heat until the butter has melted and incorporated into the sauce.
- Brush half the sauce onto the ribs, close the lid and continue to cook for another 20-30 minutes.
- Heat the remaining sauce in the pan until boiling, then brush onto the ribs after cooking time is complete.
- Separate the ribs and serve with blue cheese dressing, ranch, or sour cream.
1g net carbs per serving (quarter of the recipe)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 749Total Fat 51gSaturated Fat 15gCholesterol 282mgSodium 1023mgCarbohydrates 1gNet Carbohydrates 1gFiber 0gProtein 66g