These low carb buffalo wings are buttery and spicy – and completely addictive!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I was out at lunch with a friend the other day and he ordered buffalo wings – it occurred to me that these are naturally low carb anyway, so I helped myself to one. Or two. And although you could probably use any old buffalo wings recipe, I didn't see why I shouldn't add it here – just to remind you of this tasty chicken dish! I've added two methods of cooking here, so take your pick!
To oven bake them, please see the recipe video tutorial, or scroll down to the printable recipe card.
How to Make Low Carb Buffalo Wings
To make them in the slow cooker, here are the instructions (the ingredients are the same for both!):
Prepare the wings. I use some sharp kitchen shears to cut off (and discard) the tips. Then bend the remaining wing in the opposite direction to expose the joint, and cut along that area to divide the two parts.
In a saucepan, mix together hot sauce, butter, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce. Add the wings to a slow cooker (I have a little 3 quart one which is perfect for 2lb wings) then pour the sauce over the top – all but about two tablespoons of it. Reserve that for later!
Cook on high for 3 hours, or high for 2 hours and low for another 2 hours. Either way, they'll be super tender and moist and almost falling off the bone. Place them onto a baking sheet lined with foil or a silicone mat, skin side up. Spoon the reserved sauce over each wing.
Broil for 2-3 minutes until the skin is crispy. Serve with ranch or sour cream, if you like. Whether this is a one portion dish or you want to share it – well, that's up to you!Low carb buffalo wings! #lowcarb #buffalowings Click To Tweet
- 2 lb chicken wings, tips removed, remainder divided at the joint
- ½ cup hot sauce
- ¼ cup unsalted butter
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- salt, optional
- ranch or sour cream, for serving
- Prepare the chicken wings by cutting off the tips and dividing the rest of the chicken at the joint.
- SLOW COOKER METHOD:
- Place the wings in a slow cooker. Add the remaining ingredients to a saucepan and cook over a medium heat until fully combined.
- Pour the sauce over the wings - but reserve 2 tablespoons of the sauce for later.
- Cook on high heat for 3 hours, or high for 2 hours then low for another two hours.
- Preheat the broiler and place the wings on a baking sheet. Brush the reserved sauce over each wing. Broil for 2-3 mins until skin is crispy.
- OVEN BAKE METHOD:
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place the butter, hot sauce, onion powder and Worcestershire sauce in a small saucepan and cook over a low heat. Once a sauce has formed, pour it over the wings.
- Transfer the wings to a wire rack placed over a baking sheet. Reserve the extra sauce. Roast for 25-30 minutes or until the wings are cooked through.
- Bring the reserved sauce to a boil, then pour it over the cooked wings. Season with salt if desired.
- Serve with ranch or sour cream, as desired.
2g net carbs per serving
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 760 Total Fat 62g Saturated Fat 25g Cholesterol 249mg Sodium 1826mg Carbohydrates 2g Net Carbohydrates 2g Fiber 0g Sugar 1g Protein 45g
Check out my Low Carb Party Food Ebook!
Are you planning a party? Check out my mini ebook for low carb recipe inspiration!
Check out my Low Carb Family Favorites Ebook!
Are you looking for low carb recipes for the whole family to enjoy? Check out my book!