This chocolate brandy mousse is a delicious low carb dessert just for adults! Sugar free, keto, and LCHF recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This dessert is definitely one for special occasions! The combination of chocolate and brandy go so well together, it has to be tried! The mousse isn't particularly sweet, so feel free to add more sweetener if you prefer, and adjust the nutritional data accordingly.
Melt some unsweetened chocolate and heavy cream together in a saucepan over a low heat. Stir until the chocolate has fully melted. Add the cream cheese and continue cooking until it has dissolved into the chocolate mixture. Stir in the brandy.
In a separate bowl, whisk an egg white and preferred low carb sweetener until stiff peaks form. Carefully fold the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture. It looks so good!!
Spoon into bowls or glasses, then cover and keep in the fridge for at least an hour. Note: This recipe contains uncooked egg whites.
Optional – before serving, add a small squirt of whipped cream to the center of the mousse.
Low Carb Chocolate and Brandy Mousse #lowcarb #sugarfree Click To Tweet
- 1 oz unsweetened chocolate
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 1-2 tsp brandy
- 1 egg white
- 2 tbs low carb sweetener, eg Lakanto or granular Swerve
- Place the cream and chocolate in a saucepan and melt over a low heat until fully combined.
- Add the cream cheese, and continue cooking until it has fully melted. Stir in the brandy.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg white and sweetener until smooth and glossy.
- Carefully fold the egg mixture into the chocolate mixture. Spoon into bowls, cover, and leave in the fridge for at least an hour.
5g net carbs per serving (half the recipe)
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 386 Total Fat 39g Saturated Fat 23g Cholesterol 112mg Sodium 142mg Carbohydrates 6g Net Carbohydrates 5g Fiber 1g Sugar 1g Protein 6g
Check out my Low Carb Chocolate Recipes Ebook!
If you adore chocolate - you'll love my book! Over 60 amazing recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!