This cheesy chicken noodle casserole is perfect for families! It's low carb, gluten free, and keto friendly – and super quick to prepare!
This post may contain affiliate links.
If you're worried that this recipe is going to be complicated and take a long time to prepare – you'd be wrong! And although the sauce is homemade, it takes less than five minutes and everything else comes together VERY quickly.
You might be wondering about those noodles! They're Palmini – made from hearts of palm! Very convenient and you can read more here about Palmini Noodles. You can buy them from Amazon and Netrition!
How to Make Low Carb Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole
The other ingredients are diced cooked chicken, raw broccoli, and an egg! So here's my SUPER easy low carb cheese sauce recipe:
Seriously, after you've made this the first time you'll use it for so many recipes!
While that's cooking, combine the chicken, broccoli and Palmini in a large bowl. By the way, you can also buy Palmini in bags rather than cans!
Add some onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and mix well to combine.
When the cheese sauce is ready, add it to the bowl, together with one beaten egg. Mix everything together, then transfer it to a baking dish.
Cover and roast for 15 minutes, then uncover, and sprinkle some shredded cheese on top.
Return it to the oven (uncovered) for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is starting to turn golden brown.
Serve this chicken noodle casserole with a fresh green salad!
Love casseroles? Check out all my low carb casseroles!
Low Carb Cheesy Chicken Noodle Casserole
This cheesy chicken noodle casserole is perfect for families! It's low carb, gluten free, and keto friendly - and super quick to prepare!
- 12 oz cooked chicken breast, diced
- 8 oz Palmini noodles, drained
- 4 oz broccoli, cut into small florets
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- salt and black pepper
- 1 batch low carb cheese sauce, see separate recipe
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Combine the chicken, broccoli and Palmini in a large bowl. Add some onion powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, and mix well to combine.
- Make the cheese sauce according to the separate recipe instructions.
- Add the sauce to the bowl, together with the beaten egg. Mix everything together, then transfer it to a baking dish.
- Cover and roast for 15 minutes, then uncover, and sprinkle some shredded cheese on top.
- Return it to the oven (uncovered) for 10 minutes or until the cheese has melted and is starting to turn golden brown.
5g net carbs per serving (quarter of the whole recipe).
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 490Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 19gTrans Fat 1gCholesterol 213mgSodium 472mgCarbohydrates 8gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 3gSugar 2gProtein 38g
Sunday 15th of November 2020
Sunday 15th of November 2020
Just added it - sorry!
Tuesday 14th of January 2020
Hi! I really want to make this, but I don't have broccoli. Is it possible to use green beans instead?
Thanks in advance!
Wednesday 15th of January 2020
I've never tried it but I can't see why it wouldn't work!