This easy low carb Chicken Caesar Salad is served with Parmesan crisps and is a wonderfully tasty dish! Gluten free and keto friendly recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links.
This salad is so quick to put together, especially if you “cheat” and use ready chopped lettuce and ready cooked chicken! The dressing is super simple, too. The stage that takes longest is making the Parmesan crisps – but they are absolutely essential to the dish for crunch and delicious saltiness!
How to Make a Low Carb Chicken Caesar Salad
Make the Parmesan crisps first. On a silicone mat (I use this quarter size one), sprinkle little puddles of shredded Parmesan.
Place under a broiler and cook until melted, bubbly and starting to turn brown – watch them carefully! Leave them to cool and crisp up, draining excess fat on a paper towel if necessary. If you want some more variations, check out these five Parmesan Crisps suggestions. You can also make them neater circles by making them in a mini muffin pan – but if I'm just making this for me I don't bother!
To make the dressing, combine mayonnaise, anchovy paste and Worcestershire sauce together in a bowl.
Mix some cooked chopped chicken into the dressing. Leftover roast chicken or cold rotisserie chicken is perfect for this recipe – or you can also buy ready-cooked chicken.
Place some chopped or shredded Romaine lettuce onto a plate, then add the chicken and any excess dressing. Finish with the Parmesan crisps and a grind or two of some black pepper.
This recipe serves one but it would be exceedingly easy to increase the quantities! The finished salad is salty, cheesy, creamy and surprisingly filling!
This low carb Chicken Caesar is a wonderfully tasty salad! #lowcarb Click To Tweet
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Make the Parmesan crisps by sprinkling the shredded Parmesan into six little puddles on a baking sheet lined with a silicone mat.
- Place under the broiler and cook until melted, bubbly and starting to turn brown.
- Leave them to cool and crisp up, draining excess fat on a paper towel if necessary.
- To make the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, anchovy paste, and Worcestershire sauce together in a bowl. Mix the cooked chicken into the dressing.
- Place the lettuce onto a plate, then add the chicken and any excess dressing. Finish with the Parmesan crisps and a grind or two of the black pepper.
3g net carb per serving (whole recipe)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 1 Serving Size Whole recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 833Total Fat 69gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 49gCholesterol 180mgSodium 1325mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 1gSugar 1.7gProtein 47g
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is my best approximation. I cannot guarantee completely accurate data due to variations in ingredients and cooking methods. Carbohydrates from sugar alcohols are not included in net carb counts as it has been shown that they do not impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.