Parmesan crisps are a popular low carb (and zero carb!) snack – here are five flavor variations! Gluten free, LCHF, and keto friendly recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links.
I've been making Parmesan crisps since I started low-carbing – they're quick to make (especially if you have the oven on already), only require one ingredient, and are a zero-carb tasty snack!
If you're looking for no carb chips – then this could be your answer!
How to Make Parmesan Crisps
There are two ways to make them:
- On a silicone mat, put little heaps of shredded Parmesan and flatten them. Leave around 1-2″ between each little pile. Bake in the oven for 2-3 minutes until the cheese has melted and starts to turn golden brown at the edges. Leave to cool, slightly, then move to a cooling rack.
2. Use a muffin pan instead of the silicone mat, then cook as above.
The benefit of using a muffin pan is that the Parmesan crisps are much neater, and is the method that I have used in the photos shown here.
These are seriously good just like this. Two things to note: they can burn easily so don't get distracted while they are baking. Also, they are still soft when they come out of the oven – a fun thing to do is place them over the base of a small upturned bowl and create little Parmesan crisp spoons – ready to load up with whatever you like!
All that being said, here are some flavor suggestions for you to try! Here is finely chopped fresh chives and Chipotle powder:
My next batch was dry mustard powder and Italian seasoning:
The quantities and ratios are really up to you – I just added in what I felt was the right amount with each ingredient.
All five flavors together made a really lovely platter and a great talking point. My taste-testers weren't keen on chipotle so I ate all of those (I *love* chipotle) – smoked paprika would make a great substitute. We agreed that the chives and the Italian seasoning crisps were the best. The mustard version didn't taste like much at first; the mustard flavor came in at the end of eating. And the Parmesan and chocolate? Well, opinions were divided on that one – but I liked how unusual it was!
Parmesan Crisps Five Ways #lowcarb #lowcarbsnacks Click To Tweet
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- optional flavors and seasonings
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat, then add little heaps of shredded Parmesan and flatten them. Leave around 1-2″ between each little pile. Add any additional flavors as desired.
- Bake for 2-3 minutes until the cheese has melted and starts to turn golden brown at the edges. Leave to cool slightly, then move to a cooling rack.
Zero carb snack.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 98Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 17mgSodium 400mgCarbohydrates 0gFiber 0gProtein 8g