Parmesan Crisps are a popular low carb snack – here are five flavor variations!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I’ve been making Parmesan crisps since I started low-carbing – they’re quick to make (especially if you have the oven on already), only require one ingredient, and are a zero-carb tasty snack!
There are two ways to make them:
- On a silicone mat, put little heaps of shredded Parmesan and flatten them. Leave around 1-2″ between each little pile. Bake in the oven for 2-3 minutes until the cheese has melted and starts to turn golden brown at the edges. Leave to cool, slightly, then move to a cooling rack.
2. Use a muffin pan instead of the silicone mat, then cook as above.
The benefit of using a muffin pan is that the Parmesan crisps are much neater, and is the method that I have used in the photos shown here.
These are seriously good just like this. Two things to note: they can burn easily so don’t get distracted while they are baking. Also, they are still soft when they come out of the oven – a fun thing to do is place them over the base of a small upturned bowl and create little Parmesan crisp spoons – ready to load up with whatever you like!
All that being said, here are some flavor suggestions for you to try! Here is finely chopped fresh chives and Chipotle powder:
My next batch was dry mustard powder and Italian seasoning:
The quantities and ratios are really up to you – I just added in what I felt was the right amount with each ingredient.
All five flavors together made a really lovely platter and a great talking point. My taste-testers weren’t keen on chipotle so I ate all of those (I *love* chipotle) – smoked paprika would make a great substitute. We agreed that the chives and the Italian seasoning crisps were the best. The mustard version didn’t taste like much at first; the mustard flavor came in at the end of eating. And the Parmesan and chocolate? Well, opinions were divided on that one – but I liked how unusual it was!
Parmesan Crisps Five Ways #lowcarb #lowcarbsnacks Click To Tweet
Parmesan Crisps - Five Ways
Parmesan Crisps are a popular low carb snack - here are five flavor variations!
- ½ cup shredded Parmesan
- optional flavors and seasonings
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat, then add little heaps of shredded Parmesan and flatten them. Leave around 1-2″ between each little pile. Add any additional flavors as desired.
- Bake for 2-3 minutes until the cheese has melted and starts to turn golden brown at the edges. Leave to cool slightly, then move to a cooling rack.
Check out my “Everything” Parmesan Crisps!
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!