These low carb chocolate cheesecake brownies taste as good as they look!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
This recipe is an extract from my book: Low Carb Chocolate Recipes!
The book is available in paperback, Ebook and Kindle formats, and features over 60 low carb, sugar free and gluten free recipes! Desserts, sweet treats, drinks, baked goods, frozen treats – and more! Get your copy of Low Carb Chocolate Recipes today!
To celebrate, I’m showcasing one of my favorite recipes from the book: Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies. I’ll be honest – this recipe is definitely the most complicated one in the book! You know me, I like to keep things simple. But I am just addicted to the way these look. And taste. 🙂
Cream together the butter and low carb sweetener in a stand mixer. I use xylitol but something like Swerve would work well too. Add almond flour, an egg, cocoa powder and water, and mix until smooth. Pour into an 8×8″ square tin lined with parchment paper.
Either clean out the stand mixer bowl, or use a hand mixer for the cheesecake layer. Actually I know people who have TWO bowls for their stand mixer – I think I’ll be adding another one to my wish list! Whisk together some cream cheese, granulated Splenda (I know it’s another sweetener but it keeps the sugar alcohols down!), another egg and some vanilla extract.
Pour the mixture on top of the chocolate brownie layer. Use a skewer, knife or toothpick to gently swirl the layers together.
Bake in a preheated oven for around 25 minutes or until the cheesecake topping is firm. Transfer the brownies to a cooling rack and let cool, then cut into 16 squares.
Enjoy this delicious low carb sweet snack!Amazing #lowcarb Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies! Click To Tweet
- ¼ cup low carb sweetener eg xylitol, Swerve
- 3 tbs unsalted butter
- ½ cup almond flour
- 1 egg
- 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbs cold water
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 3 tbs granulated Splenda
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line an 8x8” square baking tin with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, cream together the xylitol and butter. Add the remaining brownie ingredients and beat until thoroughly combined. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cheesecake ingredients until smooth. Pour the mixture on top of the brownie mixture, and gently swirl them together with a skewer.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the cheesecake topping is firm. Let the brownies cool then turn out onto a cooling rack and cut into 16 squares.
2g net carbs per serving (1 brownie)
Don’t forget to get your copy of Low Carb Chocolate Recipes!
Check out my Low Carb Chocolate Recipes Ebook!
If you adore chocolate - you'll love my book! Over 60 amazing recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!