This low carb chocolate cheesecake is fantastically rich and decadent! It's a triple chocolate extravaganza that's sugar free, LCHF, gluten free, and keto friendly!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
What's not to like about a TRIPLE chocolate cheesecake?!? Cocoa in the base, chocolate in the filling – and all finished with low carb chocolate chips!
For the base of the cheesecake I adapted my recipe for low carb chocolate hazelnut pie – instead of ground hazelnuts and butter I changed it to ground almonds and butter, and added some cocoa powder. It isn't very sweet, but the cheesecake filling makes up for it!
How to Make a Low Carb Chocolate Cheesecake
Start by making the crust – it literally only takes a few minutes! Combine almond flour, unsweetened cocoa powder and melted butter together in a bowl.
Press it into a 9″ non-stick pie pan or springform pan.
Place in the fridge until required.
To make the cheesecake filling, melt some low carb chocolate (I used Lily's Original Dark) in a bowl in the microwave. I recommend cooking it in three to four 30 second bursts, stirring between each burst.
Next, mix some cream cheese and powdered sweetener together in a stand mixer. I used powdered Lakanto but you could also use confectioner's Swerve. When the mixture is fluffy, add the melted chocolate. Beat in the stand mixer until fully combined, then spoon it into the cheesecake base. Smooth it over with a palette knife or spatula.
To finish the cheesecake, sprinkle the top with low carb chocolate chips. I've used Lily's chocolate chips for many years but the shape of the Lakanto chips is perfect for this dessert!
Place in the fridge for at least two hours or overnight.
This super filling and rich cheesecake serves ten people. It isn't super sweet though, so you may like to test the cheesecake filling and add more sweetener to taste.
- 1½ cups almond flour
- 4 tbs (2oz) butter, melted
- 2 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 oz Lily's Original Dark Chocolate
- 24 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- ½ cup powdered sweetener (eg Lakanto or Swerve)
- ¼ cup low carb chocolate chips (eg Lakanto or Lily's)
- To make the crust, combine almond flour, unsweetened cocoa powder and melted butter together in a bowl.
- Press it into a 9" non-stick pie pan and place in the fridge until required.
- To make the cheesecake filling, melt the low carb chocolate in a bowl in the microwave. I recommend cooking it in three to four 30 second bursts, stirring between each burst.
- Next, mix some cream cheese and powdered sweetener together in a stand mixer. When the mixture is fluffy, add the melted chocolate.
- Beat in the stand mixer until fully combined, then spoon it into the cheesecake base. Smooth it over with a palette knife or spatula.
- To finish the cheesecake, sprinkle the top with low carb chocolate chips.
- Place in the fridge for at least 2 hours or overnight.
6g net carbs per serving of one tenth of the cheesecake
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 10
Amount Per ServingCalories 448Total Fat 42gSaturated Fat 20gCholesterol 81mgSodium 250mgCarbohydrates 9gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 3gSugar 3gProtein 8g
Check out my Low Carb Chocolate Recipes Ebook!
If you adore chocolate - you'll love my book! Over 60 amazing recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!