These spinach dip bites are made with Fathead dough, stuffed with spinach, artichoke, and cream cheese, then baked! Low carb, LCHF, and keto friendly recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
These delicious little bites can be served as an appetizer, game day snack, or at a party! I've made a low carb blue cheese, spinach and artichoke dip before, and also a spicy poblano and artichoke dip – but this was the first time that I've used a dip to make bite-sized morsels!
The base is made with my favorite Fat Head dough – have you tried it yet?
Watch my video to see how to make it!
How to Make Low Carb Spinach Dip Bites
Start by making the FatHead dough – watch the recipe video above or click the link to my full FatHead dough tutorial.
After kneading the dough, roll it out between two large silicone mats.
Cut it into 24 squares and push each square into the cavities of a mini muffin pan.
You may need to re-roll parts of the dough to get an even result – or maybe you're better with dough than I am! But it really won't matter if they're a little uneven – just make them look as nice as you can.
To make the filling, combine thawed and drained frozen spinach, chopped marinated artichoke hearts, softened cream cheese, shredded Parmesan, salt and pepper.
Divide the filling between the muffin cups.
Bake in a preheated oven for 10 minutes or until the dough is brown at the corners. Let cool for 5-10 minutes then transfer the spinach dip bites to a serving platter and serve warm.
These are perfect if you have any vegetarian friends or family! The cups are cheesy and crispy at the edges, and this works perfectly with the creamy vegetable filling!
- non-stick spray
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbs cream cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach (about 10 oz), thawed and drained
- 6.5 oz jar marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F and generously spray a 24-hole mini muffin pan with non-stick spray.
- To make the FatHead dough, place the mozzarella and cream cheese in a medium size microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, stir and then cook for another 30 seconds. Stir in the beaten egg and almond flour.
- Let the dough cool slightly, then knead until smooth. Add a little extra almond flour if the dough is too sticky, then knead again.
- Roll out the dough between two large silicone mats.
- Cut it into 24 squares and push each square into the cavities of the mini muffin pan.
- To make the filling, combine the remaining ingredients and divide it between the muffin cups.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until the dough is brown at the corners. Let cool for 5-10 minutes then transfer them to a serving platter and serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 8 Serving Size 3 Bites
Amount Per Serving Calories 231Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 6.6gTrans Fat 0.1gCholesterol 53mgSodium 258mgCarbohydrates 9.5gNet Carbohydrates 5.7gFiber 3.8gSugar 2.1gProtein 11g