This chocolate dipped bacon is finished with sugar free caramel sauce! A delicious low carb and keto sweet ‘n' salty snack!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Bacon. Chocolate. Bacon. Chocolate. Caramel Syrup.
(OK… so I was tempted to leave the introduction there, because it pretty much explains everything you need to know about this uncomplicated low carb snack. However, I thought I should add just a few more words on the subject of the chocolate.)
For non-low carbers, chocolate dipped in bacon is pretty easy. If you're following a sugar free or low carb diet, you need to be a little more careful. And it all comes down to the chocolate. Before you try this recipe, find a low carb chocolate that you like to eat on its own. My absolute favorite is Lily's Chocolate – I recently bought this variety pack of six bars! Although I was tempted to use the Salted Almond and Milk bar for this recipe, I thought things might end up TOO salty, so decided on the Original Dark Chocolate instead.
How to Make Low Carb Chocolate Dipped Bacon
First, place some thick-cut bacon on a lined baking sheet. Then, place an inverted rack over the top (I use non-stick ones). This is a similar technique to how I made bacon weaves for my non-bread BLT!
Cook until the bacon is crispy, turning it over if necessary. Dry on paper towels and set aside to cool.
Meanwhile place 2oz chocolate (about two-thirds of a regular bar if you're using Lily's) into a bowl and melt it in the microwave.
Cut the bacon in half so you have short lengths. Dip each piece of bacon into the melted chocolate on the long side. This way you'll be able to taste bacon and chocolate with every bite!
Place the chocolate dipped bacon onto a baking sheet or tray lined with wax paper or baking parchment, and leave to cool and set.
To finish, you'll need some caramel syrup – I use Choc Zero.
Drizzle the syrup over the bacon.
Enjoy! And if you don't like that sweet and salty combination – that's fine! All the more for me…
Low Carb Chocolate Dipped Bacon #lowcarb #chocolate #bacon Click To Tweet
- 6 slices of thick-cut bacon
- 2 oz Lily's Original Dark Chocolate, or similar low carb product
- 2 tbs Choc Zero caramel syrup
- Preheat the broiler. Place the bacon on a lined baking sheet. Place an inverted rack over the top to prevent the bacon from curling.
- Cook the bacon until it starts to turn crispy, turning over if necessary. Drain bacon on kitchen paper to remove excess grease. Let cool, then cut each slice in half.
- Melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave. Dip the long edge of each piece of bacon into the chocolate, and leave on a piece of wax paper to set.
- Finish with caramel syrup drizzled over the top.
3g net carbs per serving (3 pieces)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 3 pieces
Amount Per Serving Calories 194Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 21mgSodium 218mgCarbohydrates 9gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 6gProtein 4g