This chocolate hazelnut ice cream is low carb, keto, and sugar free!
The post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
The days are getting longer and warmer, and I find my thoughts turning to ice cream with increasing frequency. That was a pretty poetic start to a post for me! It's all true of course, but actually I totally enjoy ice cream in any weather!
This recipe was inspired by my chocolate and hazelnut pie – that flavor combination is so perfect, and I thought it was about time that I used that Nutella-esque flavorings again. And why not make it into a low carb ice cream?!?
The base of this recipe is low carb chocolate hazelnut spread – several years ago I compared three brands and actually enjoyed both of them! Either would work for this recipe if you need a suggestion.
How to Make Low Carb Chocolate Hazelnut Ice Cream
In a stand mixer bowl, add unsweetened almond milk and unsweetened cocoa powder. Mix until the powder has been incorporated into the milk. Add the chocolate hazelnut spread and mix until combined. Add in heavy cream and sugar free sweetening syrup (I used the hazelnut flavor but you could also try chocolate, vanilla, or the plain one)!
With the stand mixer beater on the slowest setting, sprinkle over a little xanthan gum. Together with the fat content of the heavy cream this zero-carb stabilizer will help keep the ice cream soft. (I'm actually writing a whole post about ways to keep low carb ice cream soft – watch this space!).
Once the xanthan gum is fully mixed into the cream mixture, pour it into an ice cream maker. Let it churn for a while until it is thick, then transfer it to a container and place it in the freezer.
Serve, garnished with cacao nibs for extra tasty crunch.
Low Carb Chocolate Hazelnut Ice Cream #lowcarb #sugarfree #keto Click To Tweet
You might like to try my Low Carb Hot Fudge Sauce with this ice cream!
- ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tbs unsweetened cocoa powder
- 6 tbs low carb chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tbs sugar free sweetening syrup, hazelnut, chocolate, vanilla, or plain flavor
- ¼ tsp xanthan gum
- cacao nibs, optional for garnish
- In a stand mixer bowl, add the almond milk and cocoa powder. Mix until the powder has been incorporated into the milk. Add the chocolate hazelnut spread and mix until combined. Add in heavy cream and the sugar free syrup.
- With the stand mixer beater on the slowest setting, sprinkle the xanthan gum into the bowl.
- Once the xanthan gum is fully mixed into the cream mixture, pour it into an ice cream maker. Let it churn for a while until it is thick, then transfer it to a container and place it in the freezer until hardened.
2g net carbs per serving
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the recipe
Amount Per ServingCalories 255Total Fat 25gSaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 81mgSodium 47mgCarbohydrates 6gNet Carbohydrates 2gFiber 4gProtein 1g
Check out my Low Carb Chocolate Recipes Ebook!
If you adore chocolate - you'll love my book! Over 60 amazing recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!