This low carb cornbread doesn't contain any corn – but it is a good alternative to a traditional recipe – AND it has added bacon!
This post may contain affiliate links.
This cornbread recipe isn't very traditional… due to the absence of corn! The replacement is almond flour, which adds to the texture and slight sweetness. This is definitely worth trying – plus I've added bacon! Quite a lot of bacon, actually. Because, well, why not?
How to Make Low Carb Cornbread with Bacon
Add almond flour, baking powder, and granular low-carb sweetener (I used Lakanto – get 20% off if you use coupon code SAFTC) to a large bowl and stir well to combine. Add some beaten eggs and cooled melted butter.
Add some chopped cooked bacon, salt and black pepper. Mix well.
Spoon the mixture into a loaf pan lined with baking parchment (the overhang makes it really easy to remove after baking!).
Bake in a preheated oven for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through.
Let cool slightly then remove from the pan and cut into eight squares. Serve while still warm with a little butter too, if you like!
Low Carb Cornbread with Bacon - a #lowcarb alternative to the traditional recipe Click To Tweet
- 2 tbs unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1 cup almond flour
- 2 tbs Lakanto, or similar sweetener
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 8 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Line a loaf pan with baking parchment.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, sweetener and baking powder.
- Add the beaten eggs, melted butter, bacon, salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Spoon into the loaf pan and bake for 18-20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Let cool for a few minutes then place on a chopping board and cut into 8 squares. Serve warm, with butter if desired.
5g net carbs per serving (quarter of whole recipe - two squares)
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 2 Squares
Amount Per Serving Calories 440Total Fat 40gSaturated Fat 11gCholesterol 167mgSodium 340mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 15g
Inspired by this recipe on food.com