This low carb tarragon chicken dish is roasted to perfection with olive oil, garlic, and shallots. An easy meal for weeknights or entertaining!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Tarragon is one of my favorite herbs. Well, that and basil. And cilantro. And – well, let's just say it's in the top five! Previously on the blog I've paired it with tomatoes, salmon, and with chicken and lemon. With this recipe I've combined it with olive oil, garlic and shallots, all cooked alongside the chicken. The prep time is really low and the ingredients list is short, which makes it ideal for a weeknight meal, but if you serve it with a fancy side dish you could definitely make it into something more!
How to Make Roast Tarragon Chicken
To make a quick herb oil for basting the chicken, mix together chopped fresh tarragon, olive oil, garlic paste, salt and pepper.
Finely chop 2-3 shallots and place them in the base of a small baking tray lined with foil. Add chicken pieces over the top – I used two chicken breasts on the bone. Spoon the tarragon oil over the chicken.
Roast for 45-50 minutes or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165F (use a probe thermometer for this). Transfer the chicken to a serving plate, then spoon the super soft (and sweet!) shallots over the top.
- 2 tbs chopped fresh tarragon
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- salt and pepper
- 2-3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 chicken breasts on the bone
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Make a quick herb oil by mixing together the tarragon, olive oil, garlic paste, salt and pepper.
- Place the shallots in the base of a small baking tray lined with foil. Add chicken pieces over the top and spoon the tarragon oil over the chicken.
- Roast for 45-50 minutes or until the chicken has reached an internal temperature of 165F (use a probe thermometer for this).
- Serve the chicken then spoon the shallots over the top.
4g net carbs per serving
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size Half the recipe
Amount Per Serving Calories 461Total Fat 30gSaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 115mgSodium 118mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 1gProtein 38g
There are many other veggies you could add in at the end of the chicken's cooking time that would work well: cherry tomatoes, sliced zucchini, broccoli florets and much more!