These low carb Easter egg pancakes are fun for the whole family to enjoy!
This post also contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Easter can be a tricky time for low carbers – unless you have something like my Low Carb Chocolate Recipes book to hand, that it is! 🙂
But just like with Halloween and Christmas, I do enjoy making some fun seasonal food. And who can resist low carb Easter egg pancakes?!?! You'll need a metal egg shaped cookie cutter, but that's pretty easy to find at this time of year!
How to Make Low Carb Easter Egg Pancakes
Make the pancake batter by combining low carb baking mix (I use Bob's Red Mill), vegetable oil, a beaten egg, unsweetened almond milk, baking powder, low carb sweetener and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
Heat a non-stick skillet and place the egg-shaped cookie cutter into the pan. Pour in enough batter to fill the shape, then cook until the base has set. Remove the cutter, then flip the pancake over. When it is fully cooked, transfer it to a plate and decorate with low carb mini chocolate chips (I use Lily's dark chocolate baking chips) and fresh blueberries. Keep warm while you make the other pancakes.
Low Carb Easter Egg Pancakes #lowcarb #lowcarbeaster Click To Tweet
- ½ cup low carb baking mix
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tbs low carb sweetener
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 14 g (approx 60) low carb mini chocolate chips (eg Lily's or similar), for decorating
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries, for decorating
- Make the pancake batter by combining low carb baking mix, vegetable oil, a beaten egg, unsweetened almond milk, baking powder, sweetener and vanilla extract in a large bowl.
- Heat a non-stick skillet and place an egg-shaped cookie cutter into the pan. Pour in enough batter to fill the shape, then cook until the base has set. Remove the cutter, then flip the pancake over.
- When it is fully cooked, transfer it to a plate and decorate with the chocolate chips and blueberries. Keep it warm while you make the other pancakes.
5g net carbs per pancake (one quarter of whole recipe), including decoration.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 1 decorated pancake
Amount Per ServingCalories 97Total Fat 6gSaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 40mgSodium 53mgCarbohydrates 7gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 2gProtein 4g
Are you interested in trying some low carb chocolate recipes this Easter? Check out my book, Low Carb Chocolate Recipes!