These low carb Easter egg pancakes are fun for the whole family to enjoy! They're gluten free, sugar free, and keto friendly!
This post also contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
Easter can be a tricky time for low carbers – unless you have something like my Low Carb Chocolate Recipes book to hand, that it is! 🙂
But just like with Halloween and Christmas, I do enjoy making some fun seasonal food. And who can resist low carb Easter egg pancakes?!?! This recipe makes four small pancakes but it would be easy to increase the quantity if you wanted to make more.
Check out all my low carb Easter recipes!
How to Make Low Carb Easter Egg Pancakes
Combine an egg, cream cheese, almond flour, flaxseed meal, sweetener (I used Lakanto – use coupon code “SAFTC” to get 20% off everything in the Lakanto store!), vanilla extract and baking powder in a small food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
Heat a non-stick skillet and place a metal egg shaped cookie cutter into the pan. Pour in two tablespoons of the batter into the shape, then cook until the base has set.
Remove the cutter, then flip the pancake over.
Transfer the cooked pancake to a plate and continue with the other three pancakes. Meanwhile, you can start decorating! I used a combination of small fresh blueberries and Lily's Dark Chocolate Baking Chips.
Low Carb Easter Egg Pancakes #lowcarb #lowcarbeaster Click To Tweet
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup cream cheese
- 1 tbs fine almond flour
- 1 tbs flaxseed meal
- 1 tbs Lakanto, or similar sweetener
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- 14 g (approx 60) low carb mini chocolate chips (eg Lily's or similar), for decorating
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries, for decorating
- low carb maple syrup, optional
- Combine the egg, cream cheese, almond flour, flaxseed meal, sweetener, vanilla extract and baking powder in a small food processor or blender. Blend until smooth.
- Heat a non-stick skillet and place a metal egg-shaped cookie cutter into the pan. Pour in two tablespoons of batter into the shape, then cook until the base has set. Remove the cutter, then flip the pancake over.
- When it is fully cooked, transfer it to a plate and decorate with the chocolate chips and blueberries. Keep it warm while you make the other three pancakes.
5g net carbs per pancake (one quarter of whole recipe), including decoration.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 2 Serving Size 2 decorated pancakes
Amount Per Serving Calories 217Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 8gCholesterol 122mgSodium 189mgCarbohydrates 10gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 3.5gSugar Alcohols 1.5gProtein 6g
Are you interested in trying some low carb chocolate recipes this Easter? Check out my book, Low Carb Chocolate Recipes!