These low carb broccoli and cauliflower nuggets are great for snacking or to serve as a vegetable side dish! Keto and gluten free recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
These nuggets are really easy to make, and a great way to eat veggies that feels naughty, but is actually healthy! The breading/coating on these nuggets has been adapted from my Paprika Chicken Bites recipe, and it is really versatile when it comes to adding in herbs or spices. I've kept it plain here, but there are so many possibilities!
How to Make Low Carb Broccoli and Cauliflower Nuggets
Cook the broccoli and cauliflower until super tender – I actually used a mixed 12 oz bag from the freezer, and cook it in the microwave for 5 minutes. Super convenient! Transfer the cooked veg to a food processor, and add onion powder, shredded cheese (I use an Italian blend), flaxseed meal, egg and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
In a separate bowl, mix together almond flour and more flaxseed meal. Divide the veggie mixture into 16 sections, then roll each section into a ball, then flatten it into a nugget shape. Roll it around in the almond mixture and place it on a plate. Continue with the rest of the mixture.
Heat some olive oil in a large non-stick skillet and add the broccoli and cauliflower nuggets. When cooked on one side, carefully turn them all over and continue cooking until they are crispy on each side.
Serve warm, either as a side dish to meat or fish, or as a snack. I like to dip them into low carb ketchup – check out my amazing list of 10 low carb ketchup ideas – both homemade and store bought!
Broccoli and Cauliflower Nuggets - #low carb Click To Tweet
You might also like my recipe for low carb chicken tenders!
- 12 oz mixed broccoli and cauliflower florets, cooked until tender
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ¼ cup shredded cheese
- ½ cup flaxseed meal, divided
- 1 egg, beaten
- salt and pepper
- ¼ cup almond flour
- 1 tbs olive oil
- Place the cooked veg into a food processor, together with the onion powder, shredded cheese, ¼ cup of the flaxseed meal, egg and a generous amount of salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- In a separate bowl, mix together almond flour and the remaining ¼ cup of flaxseed meal.
- Divide the veggie mixture into 16 sections, then roll each section into a ball, then flatten it into a nugget shape. Roll it around in the almond mixture and place it on a plate.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick skillet and add the broccoli and cauliflower nuggets. When cooked on one side, carefully turn them all over and continue cooking until they are crispy on each side.
4g net carbs per serving (four nuggets).
This recipe makes 16 nuggets.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size 4 Nuggets
Amount Per Serving Calories 236Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 2gCholesterol 46mgSodium 91mgCarbohydrates 11gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 7gSugar 2gProtein 9g
Check out my Low Carb Snacks Recipes Ebook!
If you need more snack ideas, check out my book! Over 70 delicious sweet and savory recipes - all low carb, sugar free, and gluten free!
Check out my Low Carb Side Dish Recipes Ebook!
Need more easy low carb side dish recipes? My ebook features 18 dishes that need 5 ingredients or less!
Check out my Low Carb Family Favorites Ebook!
Are you looking for low carb recipes for the whole family to enjoy? Check out my book!