This tasty eggplant salad features arugula, tomatoes, olives, feta, and more! Low carb and keto friendly recipe with dairy free option.
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I'm a huge fan of eggplant and have several delicious recipes where it is the star of the show: Low Carb Eggplant Parmesan, Low Carb Eggplant Sticks, and Low Carb Eggplant Noodles (yes, really!) to name but a few. Most of these dishes are served hot, but for this salad, the eggplant is roasted and cooled.
One cup (approximately 3 oz) of cubed eggplant contains just 2g net carbs, and it has many health benefits, including protecting heart and arteries, nourishing brain cells, improving skin quality, helping manage cholesterol levels, and supporting the immune system. So enjoy these tasty and healthy salad!
Check out all my recipes for low carb salads!
How to Make a Low Carb Eggplant Salad
Peel an eggplant and cut into chunks. Place them on a baking sheet and drizzle some olive oil over the top, then season with salt and black pepper.
Roast for 15 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, flipping the eggplant over half way through the cooking time. Leave to cool.
When the eggplant is room temperature, construct the salad by placing arugula, halved cherry tomatoes, diced red bell pepper, and sliced black olives in a bowl, together with the eggplant. Add some finely chopped fresh mint and oregano.
Finish with some crumbled feta cheese – although one of my guests couldn't have dairy, so I served the cheese separately for others to add if they liked. I also like to leave everyone to add their own dressing.
Serve this eggplant salad as tasty lunch or as a side dish to grilled meat or fish.
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and roughly diced
- 2 tbs olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 4 cherry tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- 8 black olives, sliced
- 2 tbs finely chopped fresh mint
- 1 tbs finely chopped fresh oregano
- 4 tbs crumbled feta cheese
For the dressing
- 4 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbs lemon juice
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Place the eggplant on a baking sheet and drizzle some olive oil over the top, then season with salt and black pepper. Roast for 15 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, flipping the eggplant over half way through the cooking time. Leave to cool.
- When the eggplant is room temperature, construct the salad by placing the arugula, cherry tomatoes, red bell pepper, black olives, eggplant, mint and oregano in a large bowl.
- Toss to combine, then make the dressing by mixing the extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, salt and black pepper together in a dressing shaker.
- Finish with the crumbled feta cheese.
5g net carbs per serving (quarter of the whole salad incl dressing)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 4 Serving Size Quarter of the salad
Amount Per Serving Calories 250Total Fat 23gSaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 8mgSodium 322mgCarbohydrates 9gNet Carbohydrates 5gFiber 4gSugar 4gProtein 3g