These eggs florentine are baked on a nest of cheesy spinach – and they make an ideal low carb breakfast, brunch, or lunch! Keto and LCHF recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
These eggs are baked on a bed of cheesy spinach – and they're a great way to start the day. You could also serve them for brunch or lunch!
My husband and I both love spinach, cheese, and eggs – so this is one of favorites. If you also love florentine style recipes then you could also try my Low Carb Crab Florentine Bake!
If you want to get a head start on the dish to be ready the next morning, thaw the frozen spinach the night before and keep it in the fridge overnight. You could even mix the whole base together in advance – and then just crack the eggs in and bake!
How to Make Low Carb Eggs Florentine
This recipe is easy to increase if you need to serve more people!
Florentine Baked Eggs
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 10 oz frozen spinach
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup shredded cheese eg Italian blend
- black pepper
- 2 eggs
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Cook the spinach according to the pack instructions and drain thoroughly.
- Mix the spinach, ricotta, and shredded cheese together, and season with black pepper.
- Spoon the mixture into two small baking dishes, and make a small well in the center. Crack an egg into each one, and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the egg white has cooked through. You could also use the broiler to finish off the egg.