These low carb glazed cake bites are so cute! They're also sugar free, gluten free, and keto friendly!
This post may contain affiliate links.
Recently I was messing about with my low carb donut holes recipe and they came out more cakey than donutty. They were tasty, but they just needed a little something extra – and my low carb glaze is perfect for them! The spreadable glaze recipe can also be used as a pourable icing – same ingredients just different ratios!
How to Make Low Carb Glazed Cake Bites
In a large bowl, mix together almond flour, granular sweetener (I used classic Lakanto – my go-to sweetener!), and baking powder.
Add in a beaten egg and some melted butter, and stir well to combine.
Form the dough into 12 balls, and place them in a greased mini-muffin pan. (I only have a 24-hole pan as you can see!)
Bake in a preheated oven for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool.
Make the glaze (you'll need about a half of my recipe for these cake bites), then dip each cake bite into the glaze. Alternatively, drizzle the glaze over the top.
Store in an airtight container.
You could even add some food dye to the glaze for a themed celebration!
- Preheat the oven to 325F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond flour, sweetener, and baking powder.
- Add in a beaten egg and some melted butter, and stir well to combine.
- Form the dough into 12 balls, and place them in a greased mini-muffin pan.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through. Let cool.
- Make the glaze, then dip each cake bite into the glaze. Alternatively, drizzle the glaze over the top.
- Store in an airtight container.
2g net carbs per serving (two cake bites)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size 2 Cake Bites
Amount Per Serving Calories 154Total Fat 14gCholesterol 41mgSodium 94mgCarbohydrates 4.3gNet Carbohydrates 2gFiber 2.3gSugar 0.8gProtein 5g