These roasted low carb vegetables are flavored with tarragon and lemon! An easy summery keto-friendly side dish recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
I recently remade my recipe for roasted tomatoes with creamy tarragon sauce and it was so good I decided to see what other vegetables I could roast with tarragon!
I roasted a blend of zucchini, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and green beans – which worked perfectly with the aniseedy tarragon and citrus notes from some fresh lemon. And leftovers taste great cold, too – add them to a low carb wrap with some sliced turkey or chicken!
How to Make Roasted Low Carb Vegetables with Tarragon
In a large bowl, whisk together some olive oil, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and chopped tarragon. For this recipe I used a whole lemon – half of which I juiced and whisked into the oil. The other half I cut into wedges and roasted with the veggies.
Slice some zucchini (I like cutting them on the bias for a prettier presentation), and remove the seeds from a bell pepper, then cut into bite-sized pieces. Add them to the bowl, together with cherry tomatoes (left whole), and some trimmed green beans. Stir well to coat the veggies in the oil mixture.
Spread them out on a large baking sheet lined with a silicone mat. Add a few lemon wedges, then season generously with salt and pepper.
Roast in a preheated oven for 15 minutes, then turn the vegetables over. Roast for another 10 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a serving bowl, and garnish with fresh tarragon.
Try serving this low carb side dish with grilled meat or fish!
- 3 tbs olive oil
- 1 lemon, halved
- 3 tbs finely chopped fresh tarragon, plus extra for garnish
- 2 zucchini, sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 8 oz cherry tomatoes
- 8 oz fresh green beans, trimmed
- salt and black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice from one half of the lemon, and chopped tarragon.
- Add the prepared vegetables to the bowl, and stir well to coat them in the oil mixture.
- Spread them out on a large baking sheet lined with a silicone mat. Cut the remaining half of the lemon into wedges, add them to the pan, then season everything generously with salt and pepper.
- Roast for 15 minutes, then turn the vegetables over. Roast for another 10 minutes or until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer to a serving bowl, and garnish with fresh tarragon.
6g net carbs per serving (approx 1 cup)
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size Approx. 1 cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 99Total Fat 7gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 202mgCarbohydrates 8.6gNet Carbohydrates 6gFiber 2.6gSugar 3gProtein 2g
Nutritional information for this recipe is provided as a courtesy and is my best approximation. I cannot guarantee completely accurate data due to variations in ingredients and cooking methods. Carbohydrates from sugar alcohols are not included in net carb counts as it has been shown that they do not impact blood sugar. Net carbs are the total carbs minus fiber.