These low carb holiday cookies are ideal for sharing with the family! The cream cheese frosting works perfectly with the chocolate cookie base!
This post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
These holiday cookies are made up of three components – a soft cookie base (which actually contains ricotta!!), a cream cheese frosting, and sprinkles. Yes, these are regular sugary sprinkles because they really don't add that many carbs per cookie! But if you'd like to keep the decorated cookies sugar free then you could try dyeing some sweetener like I did for my Christmas Cocktail – or just skip them altogether.
Update – you can now buy low carb sprinkles from Amazon!
What's in this Article?
How to Make Low Carb Holiday Cookies
To prepare the cookies, beat some eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer. Then add almond flour, ricotta, low carb sweetener (Lakanto or granular Swerve would be perfect), unsweetened cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Beat until smooth.
Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat and spoon out 12 scoops of the cookie mix onto the pan. (And yes, I'm aware that they don't look very appealing right now – that's chocolate cookies for you LOL!)
Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
While the cookies are cooling, make the frosting. Add cream cheese, heavy cream, Confectioner's Swerve, and peppermint extract to a stand mixer. You could actually use any extract you like or omit it altogether. Mix until the frosting is smooth and thick.
Time to frost the cookies! Divide the frosting between the cookies, then shake a few sprinkles over each cookie, if using. You don't need many!
Happy Low Carb Holidays!
Make sure you've checked out my 35+ Low Carb Christmas Treats!
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- ½ cup Lakanto, or similar
- ½ cup ricotta
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
for the frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Beat the eggs in the bowl of a stand mixer. Then add the remaining cookie ingredients. Beat until smooth.
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone mat and spoon out 12 scoops of the cookie mix onto the pan. Bake in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes.
- While the cookies are cooling, make the frosting. Add the frosting ingredients to a stand mixer bowl. Beat until the frosting is smooth and thick.
- Time to frost the cookies! Divide the frosting between the cookies, then shake a few sprinkles over each cookie, if using.
3g net carbs per frosted cookie, including sprinkles.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1 Frosted Cookie
Amount Per Serving Calories 135Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 49mgSodium 100mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 3gFiber 1gProtein 5g