This creamy hot shrimp dip is perfect for serving at gatherings or as a delicious appetizer! It's a low carb, keto, LCHF, and gluten free recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links.
This dip is *seriously* good! It's warm, gooey, comforting, and VERY delicious! It has a cream cheese and shrimp base, but I've added a little tomato and horseradish, so you get hints of cocktail sauce as you enjoy the dip. It's super easy to make and a real crowd-pleaser!
How to Make a Low Carb Hot Shrimp Dip
I served this dip with my favorite low carb Dixie USA Corn Chips (which you can buy from Netrition), but you could also serve cucumber sticks, jicama sticks, celery, or make your own homemade tortilla chips!
Oh and by the way? That shrimp on the side of the dish? It's fake! Originally I added it so that it would be clear from my photos when you saw them on social media that the dish contained shrimp. But actually, it can be a useful indication to guests about what is in the dip!
- 2 tbs butter
- 8 oz raw shrimp, deveined, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise, regular
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup low carb ketchup
- 1 tbs creamed horseradish
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet, then add the chopped shrimp and garlic. Cook until the shrimp are almost done.
- Add the cream cheese, and continue to cook over a low heat until it starts to melt.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and stir to combine.
- When the cheese has melted, transfer to a baking dish.
- Bake (uncovered) for 15-18 minutes until it starts to brown on top. Serve warm.
2g net carbs per serving (approximately ⅔ of a cup)
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size ⅔ cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 365Total Fat 34gSaturated Fat 14gTrans Fat 1gCholesterol 163mgSodium 765mgCarbohydrates 3gNet Carbohydrates 2gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 12g