These Cranberry Sauce Muffins are the perfect way to use up any leftover sauce! Low carb, keto, gluten free, and sugar free recipe.
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
So here’s a confession. Every time I make my low carb cranberry sauce, it makes WAY more than my family of three typically consumes over a festive meal. This is intentional, because I know that most of you have bigger families than this – especially for celebrations! It isn’t usually an issue, though, because I love a quick meal of a low carb tortilla, a few slices of cold turkey, and a dollop of cranberry sauce! However, it occurred to me that there might be more to these leftovers – and that’s when the idea to add them to a muffin came about!
The recipe is based on my delicious low carb redcurrant muffins, and they can be enjoyed as a sweet treat, snack, or even for breakfast! They aren’t super sweet though, so you may want to add in additional sweetener if that suits your taste.
How to Make Low Carb Leftover Cranberry Sauce Muffins
To make the batter for the muffins, combine almond flour, sweetener (I used granular Swerve, but Lakanto or xylitol would also work well), and baking powder. You don’t need a stand mixer for this, it’s easy enough to do it by hand.
Add in some melted (and cooled) butter, two beaten eggs, unsweetened almond milk and a little salt. Stir well until everything is combined.
Next, add the cranberry sauce. Don’t stir it in completely, just turn the mixtures together a couple of times, then divide it between the cups of a lined six-hole muffin pan.
Bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the center of the muffins is cooked. After cooking, let them rest for 5 minutes then transfer them to a wire cooling rack.
And if you have even more leftover sauce, try my Low Carb Brie and Cranberry Bombs!
Low Carb Leftover Cranberry Sauce Muffins
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ¼ cup low carb sweetener eg xylitol or Swerve
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbs butter melted and cooled
- ¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 eggs beaten
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup low carb cranberry sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Combine the almond flour, sweetener, and baking powder together in a bowl.
- Add in the melted (and cooled) butter, two beaten eggs, unsweetened almond milk and a little salt. Stir well until everything is combined.
- Next, add the cranberry sauce. Don't stir it in completely, just turn the mixtures together a couple of times, then divide it between the cups of a lined six-hole muffin pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the center of the muffins are cooked.
- After cooking, let them rest for 5 minutes then transfer them to a wire cooling rack.