This beef nacho dip is an easy and comforting recipe that is perfect for entertaining. Low carb, keto, LCHF and gluten free recipe.
This post may contain affiliate links.
This nacho dip is ooey, gooey, creamy, cheesy, meaty, and oh so satisfying! It's wonderfully comforting, too – perfect for a cold day. It's made from a delicious blend of ground beef, cream cheese, salsa, mayo, and shredded cheese – all seasoned with my classic Mexican seasoning blend. For garnish I've suggested jalapeños, black olives and green onions, but you could also try cubed avocado, slices of tomatillo, diced poblanos, or a dollop of sour cream. And this dip would still work well if you omitted the beef or replaced it with shredded chicken!
Check out all my keto Mexican food ideas!
How to Make a Low Carb Nacho Dip
To prepare this nacho dip, brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Drain any excess liquid, then stir in some ground cumin, dried oregano and paprika.
Add a brick of cream cheese, and continue to cook over a low heat until it starts to melt. Add in some mayo and salsa – always check the carb count of the salsa and buy the one that is the lowest. I recommend Green Mountain Gringo salsa which you can buy online from Netrition.
By the way a good salsa is a great way to add fantastic flavor for minimum effort – it's the key ingredient to my Quick Cook Bacon Jam recipe – well, apart from the bacon, that is!
Next, add some shredded cheese (I used a Mexican blend), and continue to cook until the dip has formed. At this point you could test for seasoning but I found that I didn't need to add any salt or pepper.
Transfer to a serving dish. You can prepare up to here in advance if necessary. To finish, sprinkle some more cheese over the top and place under a hot broiler until the cheese has melted. Garnish with sliced jalapeños, sliced green onions and/or black olives. Serve warm.
Enjoy the dip with raw veggies such as cucumber, celery and bell pepper – or make your own low carb tortilla chips (as shown)!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 8 oz brick of cream cheese
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup low carb salsa
- ¾ cup shredded cheese (eg Mexican blend), divided
- sliced jalapeños, sliced black olives and/or sliced green onions to garnish, optional
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet. Drain any excess liquid, then stir in the cumin, dried oregano and paprika.
- Add the cream cheese, and continue to cook over a low heat until it starts to melt. Add the mayo, salsa, and ½ cup of the shredded cheese, and continue to cook until the dip has formed.
- Taste for seasoning and add salt and pepper if necessary.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the top. Cook under a hot broiler until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish and serve warm.
4g net carbs per serving (½ cup), not including garnishes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size ½ cup
Amount Per Serving Calories 373Total Fat 31gSaturated Fat 14gCholesterol 106mgSodium 413mgCarbohydrates 4gNet Carbohydrates 4gFiber 0gSugar 2gProtein 18g