This creamy oyster dip is super easy to make – and is low carb, LCHF, and gluten free!
The following post contains affiliate links, which means that at no extra cost to you I can make a tiny bit of money to help support this blog. Thank you!
What's in this Article?
Are Oysters Low Carb?
This is only the second oyster recipe on the site – the first being my low carb oyster gratin. The reason for this, as I mentioned in my guide to hidden carbs, oysters aren't as low in carbohydrates as other seafood. In this recipe I use a can of whole oysters that have been boiled in water. The drained weight of the oysters is 5 oz – and this contains 14g net carbs total. But make it into a dip to share, and you can still enjoy this briny gem of the sea!
What are the Health Benefits of Oysters?
Firstly, they're a great source of protein – with each oyster containing about 2g of protein. They're also a great source of vitamin D, copper, zinc, selenium, vitamin B12 and iron. In addition, a serving of three ounces of oysters provide more that one gram of omega-3 fatty acids.
How to Make a Low Carb Oyster Dip
In a bowl, mix together cream cheese (room temperature), mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, and hot sauce. I recommend starting with one teaspoon of hot sauce and adding more to taste later if needed.
Oh and if you have any low carb Old Bay seasoning – a teaspoon of it would go very nicely here!
Drain and roughly dice the oysters.
Mix them into the cream cheese mixture, together with some chopped fresh parsley. Taste for seasoning and add salt, pepper, and more hot sauce if desired.
Transfer the dip into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with more parsley and some crumbled cooked bacon or bacon bits.
Cover and store in the fridge until required, removing ten minutes before serving.
- 8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 tbs mayonnaise
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp low carb Old Bay seasoning, optional
- 1 tsp hot sauce, or more to taste
- ¼ tsp garlic powder
- 8 oz can whole oysters, drained and roughly chopped
- 3 tbs chopped fresh parsley, divided
- salt and black pepper
- 2 tbs crumbled cooked bacon or bacon bits
- In a bowl, mix together the cream cheese (room temperature), mayonnaise, lemon juice, garlic powder, and hot sauce.
- Stir the oysters into the cream cheese mixture, together with two tablespoons of the chopped fresh parsley. Taste for seasoning and add salt, pepper, and more hot sauce if desired.
- Transfer the dip into a serving bowl. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and bacon.
- Cover and store in the fridge until required, removing ten minutes before serving.
5.1g net carbs per serving, approximately ⅓ cup
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition InformationYield 6 Serving Size ⅓ cup
Amount Per ServingCalories 214Total Fat 18gSaturated Fat 8.5gCholesterol 64mgSodium 358mgCarbohydrates 5.4gNet Carbohydrates 5.1gFiber 0.3gSugar 1gProtein 7.7g
Adapted from this recipe.
Check out my Low Carb Chips & Dips Ebook!
Do you love chips and dips? Check out my mini ebook for more low carb recipes!